Thank you for taking the time to review my resume. If given the opportunity i would love to prove my abilities and knowledge in leadership. I know taking on a new employee is a tough gamble in todays society. But if given the opportunity you will not be disappointed. I am looking for a position that i can be in long term and i would treat your business as if it was my own. Thanks again for your consideration.
1. Oversee Schedules, direct and provide technical support for HVAC technicians to meet service demands and customers' expectations.
2. Recruit, interview, hire and train HVAC technicians as required to meet workload demands, and company or customer expectations and requirements.
3. Supervise and direct the HVAC technicians to effectively perform the functions of equipment repair, installation, start-up, operation, and other duties as required to ensure customer satisfaction.
4. Review technicians' work to ensure quality meets established standards, techniques and safety requirements; makes recommendations as requirements to improve quality and productivity.
5. Responsible for HVAC technicians' performance appraisals, reviews and for setting improvement goals per company requirements
6. Establish and maintain a regular training program to ensure that HVAC technicians are properly trained on latest service techniques and safety procedures for equipment and general working conditions.
7. Conduct group and one-on-one meetings with technicians as required for training, evaluation and general communication; participates and/or conducts regularly scheduled departmental safety/informational meetings.
8. Communicate regularly with dispatch to ensure that personnel are being scheduled properly by skill level, efficiency and training requirements.
9. Communicate daily with dispatch reporting on project information, estimated time to complete jobs, labor hours and parts or material used.
10. Maintain communication with vendors and factory personnel concerning warranty issues, product recall notices, operational problems with products, premature failures and other issues as they apply to products and equipment sold and serviced by the HVAC Service Department.
11. Develop and monitor budgets, goals and objectives to insure departmental profitability.
12. Review work orders, invoices and time reports for accuracy, and to ensure timely cash flow and maintain minimal account receivables.
13. Specify and make sure that required parts are ordered in timely fashion to ensure work deadlines are met.
14. Ensure that all company/department policies are being followed by all HVAC technicians.
15. Oversee assigned HVAC service vehicles, monitors vehicles to ensure they are being maintained and operated as required and used according to company policy.
16. Monitor HVAC service vehicles to ensure they are in an acceptable condition to allow technicians to efficiently work out of the vehicle, and that an adequate inventory of parts and material are maintained.
17. Keep current with latest factory OEM training on current products, coordinate HVAC technician training and maintain training records to ensure personnel, maintain proficiency in preventive maintenance, start-up, trouble-shooting, and repair of supported equipment
18. Generate sales leads; and promote and develop maintenance/service agreements; estimates and generates bids for contract projects/work.
19. Manage larger installation, start-up and commissioning projects; coordinate and directs a team of technicians and/or installing contractors; performs prestart-up inspections and completes turnover of equipment to owner.
20. preform dispatching, schedule calls and invoice all jobs needing invoiced after timely technician departure.
List of Duties included but was not limited to:
Scheduling, bidding jobs and bid prep, overseeing all employees and training, interviewing, hiring process and termination process, employee reviews, project coordination and scheduling, invoicing, keeping track of material, job costing and tools and maintained payroll.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: