Scott is a lifelong educator and artist that has worn many hats as an Actor, Director, Writer, Producer, Artistic Director, Tour Manager, Marketing Director, Acting Teacher & Coach, Workshop Leader, Arts Minister, Missionary, Creative Facilitator, Arts Educator, Jazz & Arts Promoter, DJ, Radio Manager, Program & Music Director, Voice-over Talent, College Professor, Technical Writer, Playwright, Screen Writer, Blogger, Podcaster, Photographer, Video Editor & Producer - amassing a large body of projects over the past 35 years. However, the goals have always remained constant – to encourage, inspire, educate, break down walls, broaden perspectives, build passion, and nurture creativity.
* Educational Theatre Workshops & Classes
* Intensive acting workshops and theatre Master classes.
* Private coaching for actors.
* Monologue scripting, coaching & audition prep.
* Private coaching for public speaking or professional presentations.
* Creative Facilitation for retreats on any theme.
* Devising, Developing & Producing New Plays.
* Long Form Improvisational Play Development.
* Custom written plays to address specific themes
* Custom written interactive "Murder Mysteries"
* "Dicken's Feast" performed / directed at Jekyll Island Club - '92 - '10
* Produced 68 custom made videos
* Provided video content & programming for BOAC TV
* Audio Production - radio, interviews, commercials, etc.
* Produced 140 podcasts for soulandjazz.com
* Scripting & Directing for video, film & live performance
* Voice-over Production
* Stage personality coaching for musicians.
* Communicating with Confidence workshops for artists.
* Custom written bios & press releases
* Online promotion via social media.
* Radio & club DJ, programmer & producer.
* MC, comic & live hosting for events
* Founder & Moderator of the Atlanta Jazz Group.
* Publisher of the daily "AtlantaJazz Live Local Vibe"
* Artist branding & promotion.
* Jazz CD & performance reviews.
* Jazz history & listening tours.
* Workshops in applied jazz, jazz inspiration, culture & history.
Facilitating Stress Management workshops via the play / touring production, "Acting on Stress".
* 14 Semesters of Radio Practicum / Radio Production / Advanced Radio Production: Developed curriculum & wrote extensive step by step manuals (including certification exams) on all aspects of equipment operation, Programming theory & philosophy, voice overs, writing & recording PSAs.
* Speech / Introduction to Public Speaking (6 semesters)
* Performance (3 semesters)
* Voice Performance (2 semesters)
* Performance for Camera (1 semester)
* Scriptwriting for Media (1 semester)
* Introduction to Film (1 semester)
* Film Appreciation (1 semester)
* Arts Marketing (Lecturer)
* Creating Public Service Announcements (Lecturer)
* Shakespeare & Chaucer (Lecturer)
* Music Appreciation / Jazz History (Lecturer)
* General Manager - Managed all activities relating to the station's performance, production & personnel / Developed station policies / Served as liaison to public.
* Program Director - Produced, supervised, and facilitated all programming & production / Wrote, developed, and implemented training manuals and certification testing / Developed, programmed, scheduled and maintained the integrity of 10 formats & over 80 shows.
* DJ / Radio personality - Hosted three weekly shows.
* Faculty - Provided daily ongoing training, guidance and direction for students & community volunteers / Taught numerous courses in technical operation, voice, music programming, show development, presentation & creative production.
* Music Director - Initiated and maintain consistent contact with artists, labels, managers and promoters / Reviewed CDs / Previewed & loaded music / Provided voice tracking / Programmed and / or scheduled over 100 hours each week.
* Promotions Director - Planned & implemented creative promotions around the college campus, facilitated and emceed concerts & cross promotional events throughout Gainesville & Atlanta.
* PSA & Traffic Director - Recorded, produced, and scheduled daily public service announcements promoting local events, arts, issues, and concerns / Voice overs for hundreds of spots, PSAs, liners, sweepers, and promos.
Facilitated corporate team building events via "pirate attacks", "treasure hunts", and murder mysteries on Lake Lanier.
* Drama Teacher - Taught classes at Youth Theatre Conservatory & Camps (Elementary through High School students) in Acting / Improvisation / Make-up Effects / Stage Combat / Physical Comedy / Clowning / Mime
* Creative Facilitator - Worked with after-school programs for “at risk” youth at Star House / The Cottage School / and Waller Park Recreation Center teaching classes in English as a Second Language / Creative Drama / Acting / Improvisation / Creative Conflict Resolution / Gang & Drug Prevention
* Weekly classes for Home Schooled students in Acting Styles and Techniques / Improvisation / Speech / Script Writing / Monologue Development / Conflict Resolution
* Co-Directed & Co-Devised several original plays in with home school theatre ensemble.
* Founder & Director of the Creative Arts Ensemble
* Weekly workshops to help people discover and utilize their creative gifts in areas of worship, communication, work and play.
* Nurtured, taught, & produced various styles of art, music & theatre to facilitate themes and provide creative content for sermon illustrations.
* Taught acting classes focused on vulnerability, sensitivity, communication, openness and faith for church & community members.
* Served as Production Coordinator and Associate Artistic Director under Lon Waitman from '92 to '94.
* Served as Associate Artistic Director under Adriana Warner from '94 to '96.
* Founded the Atlanta New Play Workshop at SDP in 1993, and helped facilitate the development of over 100 plays between '93 and '96 - which has now evolved into several different theatre companies dedicated to producing new work in Atlanta today.
* Artistic Director from 1999 to 2002. Produced and / or directed approximately 20 productions during this time.
* Taught ongoing acting classes for all ages - children to adult, beginner to advanced, summer camps, etc.
Taught weekly adult classes periodically over 9 years in Beginning Acting / Intermediate Acting / Advanced Acting Styles / Shakespeare / Scene Study / Building a Character / Improvisation
* Taught Drama / Acting / Character Development / Script Writing
* Devised and Directed original production with students.
* Director & Teacher for Summer Drama Camp
* Taught 5 different sessions, lasting 2 weeks each.
* Devised & Directed an original play written by the students each session.
* Teacher for several Adult Classes in Acting
Taught Creative Drama & Acting Workshops at various Elementary Schools.
* Toured schools and colleges throughout the Southeast with various productions featuring classical and contemporary works of educational relevance - Shakespeare, Chaucer, Thornton Wilder, etc.
* Interactive workshops took place after the performances in Shakespeare & Contemporary Culture / Chaucer & Contemporary Culture / Renaissance History, Theatre and Culture / Middle Ages History, Theatre and Culture / 20th Century American Theatre / Acting / Improvisation / Creative Drama
* Teacher Training - Workshops were held to teach teachers how to create and facilitate Interactive Workshops
* Taught & Facilitated “Hope Workshops” for Elementary & High Schools focused on the prevention of drug abuse, drug dealing, gang activity & creative alternatives to violence & conflict.
* Served as Producing Artistic Director -- Directed three shows which broke 40 years of box office records, and produced 6 others.
* Founded the Point School of Performing Arts - Served as Head of Instruction. Taught acting classes to children & teens.
* Founded the Hill Country New Play Workshop for local Writers to develop new plays in conjunction with Actors and Directors - developed 10 new plays and taught classes in Writing / Improvisation / Dramaturgy / Creating a Character / Ensemble Development / Cold Reading / Directing
* Teacher for Youth Drama Camp (summers of ‘93 & ‘96)
* Acting / Improvisation / Performance / Play Development
* Devised and Directed original productions for each camp session
* Teacher for After School “Art Time” programs focused on Creative Expression in Acting / Communication / Dance / Conflict Resolution / Gang Prevention / Creative Writing and Rap.
* Conflict Resolution workshops with at risk youth and gangs at the Carter Center.
* Gang Prevention / Conflict Resolution & “Scared Straight” with High Schools throughout South Dekalb & South Fulton Counties.
* Developed a Peer Counseling Program via Communication Workshops at Avondale High School.
* Director for Star Theatre Summer Camp Program.
* Taught Acting / Improvisation / Writing
* Facilitated, Developed, Directed, and Scripted original play.
• Adjunct Professor for Humanities Courses in Public Speaking, Business Communication, Theatre History and Appreciation, Renaissance & The Middle Ages.
* Taught classes in Acting, Improvisation, Writing and Shakespeare.
* Facilitated, Researched, Scripted & Directed an original production – “Austin's Epoch Array” including individual characters for every student in the school (approx. 2,000 students from Kindergarten through 6th Grade) celebrating 20 years of the schools history.
* Teacher & Actor for school shows throughout the Southeast.
* Curriculum-Based Workshops in schools focused on making various subjects come alive through drama and experiential education.
* Acting workshops focused on communication at school, home and play.
* Family communication workshops for Cobb Co. Juvenile Offenders Program.
* Conflict resolution workshops for at-risk youth.
* Drama Teacher for Telltale's Summer Drama Camp.
* Developed summer acting program for youth
* Taught classes & summer camps in Acting
* Devised & Directed original shows.
*Toured the Southeast US with the Theatre For Youth tour team performing plays and following up each performance with drama workshops focused on various themes including: Substance Abuse / Self Esteem / Conformity / Family Communication / Teenage Sexuality / Conflict Resolution / Racial Issues / Cultural Diversity / Environmental Concerns / Violence & Gang Prevention
* Toured throughout 14 countries, as well as most of the United States. . . . including 14 tours, lasting six months each.
• Lead cross-cultural ministry teams in USA, UK, Ireland, Europe, and the Middle East.
• Performed in English & Spanish.
• Acted in multiple settings -- schools, churches, prisons, military bases, retirement communities, street theatre, hospitals, mental institutions, youth detention centers, private homes, homeless shelters.
• Planned thematic programs for user groups, choosing plays to meet expressed need.
• Planned & facilitated workshops on many themes for educational & religious user groups.
• Produced and directed plays for public performances.
• Taught acting principles and techniques to individuals and groups in high schools, colleges, churches, businesses, etc.
• Participated, supervised & designed various areas of theatre tech, including: set construction, painting, moving scenery, designing & operating stage lighting, sound design, production & operation, designing & implementing make-up effects.
• Public Relations director - developed strategies, wrote marketing materials and contacted user organizations for bookings throughout 14 countries.
• Maintained and updated contact database.
* Numerous workshops, retreats and classes were taught to facilitate a wide range of themes in Schools / Businesses / Arts Organizations / Non-Profits / Churches / Retreat Centers / Seminaries / Christian Schools / Military (US & British) on Army, Navy, Marine and Air Force Bases / UN Camps & Embassies around the world / Prisons / Youth Detention Centers / Job Centers / Drug Rehab Centers / Nursing Homes / and Mental Hospitals.
* Taught after-school acting & drama classes.
* Involved in Drama Therapy for Special Populations - devised a show with participants with mild to severe Downs Syndrome & Autism.
* Involved in Drama Therapy for Prisons - devised a show with prisoners in a "semi-open" prison.
* Involved in Drama Therapy for Senior Citizens - worked in local nursing homes to provide drama & music therapy and creative memory reconstruction for elderly people suffering from Alzheimer's.
* Involved in Creative Drama for at risk kids - worked with local churches doing after school creative drama programs with at risk youth.
* Participated (acted, devised, and / or assisted) in 12 productions.
* Researched and wrote two essays - "Theatre of Faith" & "Structured Anarchy"
* Researched and wrote two dissertations - "Wholeness: A psychological / spiritual approach through drama & creative expression". . . and "The Covenant Players: The methods and practice of Charles M. Tanner and his international theatre company."
* CPCC is an intensive “Summer Stock” & "Winter Break" theatre program held at campuses on each continent, serving as the educational wing & training program for the Covenant Player International Repertory Theatre Company.
* Worked as Actor, Director, Teacher, Producer, Student, Lighting & Sound Tech, and Make up artist in Los Angeles and Stuttgart, Germany.
* 4 years of intensive study in Acting / Scene Study / Voice / Stage Combat / Experimental Theatre from beginner to advanced to Professional Acting Internship.
First Place International eyeJAZZ Video Award - Jazz Journalist Association / eyeJAZZ video project - 2011
Outstanding Part-Time Faculty Award: Brenau University - 2008
Broadcast Personality of the Year - Georgia Association of Broadcasters - 2002
Numerous Acting, Directing and Make-up design awards in Covenant Player's Covenant College summer stock theatre - 1983 - 1990
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held:
Where can I find a Structured Anarchy Theatre Founder / Director / Teacher / Producer / Writer / Creative Facilitator resume example in Gainesville, Georgia ?
This is an actual resume example of a Founder / Director / Teacher / Producer / Writer / Creative Facilitator who works in the Secondary School Industry. LiveCareer has 41563 Secondary School resumes in its database. LiveCareer’s Resume Directory contains real resumes created by subscribers using LiveCareer’s Resume Builder.
© 2019, Bold Limited. All rights reserved.