I graduated from Utah Valley University in Emergency Management, and currently pursuing my Master's of Public Service. Ever since I knew this is what I wanted to do professionally, I have hit the ground running. I work hard at gaining all the knowledge and experience that I can, to be the best, most qualified, well-rounded, and committed Emergency Management Professional that I can be. I actively look to build relationships with outside entities, that would be huge assets in an emergency or disaster. I have also offered my time and services to volunteer agencies and departments, to help in any way I can, and gain more experience. Currently I work as the Emergency Manager for Spanish Fork City, and I love helping provide a safer living, learning, and thriving environment for the citizens here.
Throughout my experiences in Emergency Management, I have been able to gain experience in leadership, team building, implementation of goals, ciritical thinking, communication, and more. I am a person with a strong work ethic, character, and management expertise. I strive for excellence and am committed to succeed in all my endeavors.
- I develop, coordinate, and maintains a comprehensive emergency/disaster preparedness and response plan to assure emergency response capabilities involving all city departments.
- I Serve as the liaison for the City in organizing emergency services planning and education between the City and local schools, business community utilities, volunteer organizations and other governmental agencies.
- I Organize the City's emergency services drills and exercises involving all levels of city government and community resources as needed.
-Coordinate with local, state and federal governement in all phases of emergency management
- Coordinate disaster response or crisis management activities, such as ordering evacuations, opening public shelters, and implementing special needs plans and programs
- Apply for federal funding for emergency management related needs and report on the progress of such grants
- Develop and maintain MOU's and working relationships with municipalities, county government and local government, to facilitate plan development, response effort coordination, and exchanges of personnel or equipment
- Perform hazard mitigation planning and risk assessments, establish incident command teams and an Emergency Operations Center
- Managed statewide training in first aid, CPR, AED administration, emergency preparedness, wildnerness rescue, blood borne pathogens, and more
- Led a team of 10 instructors from all over the state
- Arranged conferences, meetings, and travel reservations for instructors
- Performed payroll, inventory and scheduling functions
- Worked as an emergency care program instructor
- Trained hospital staff in disaster response protocol, held hospital wide drills to enhance and prepare these skills as second nature
- Held planning meetings with the community to plan preparation, mitigation, response and recovery procedures for a large scale disaster in the area
- Performed resource management, collaborated with public safety personnel and local officials
- Processed surgical instrumentation and maintained a safe and sterile environment
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: