I believe in using nutrition and dietetics to help people understand how proper guidance and use of food and nutrition can have a positive impact on their lives.
• Received training in clinical nutrition with emphases in nutrition support and pediatric nutrition.
• Trained in nutrition support medicine and provided both general surgery/digestive health and nutrition support
• Conducted multiple nutrition educations on GDM, DM, HF, Low Na, Renal, high protein/calorie, N/V, and Heart Healthy diets.
• Screened and assessed patients; drafted chart notes that included, but not limited to: PES statements, recommendations, anthropometrics, lab values, meds, current admit status, PMH, and kcal and protein recommendations related to the current disease state.
• Introduced new dietary intake guideline to help health professionals standardize documenting the percentage of meal intake
•Demonstrated electronic health records proficiency utilizing Epic electronic health record systems. systems.
•Completed case study presentations on various topics including HIV & Malnutrition, Dehydration in children, Enteral nutrition & Parenteral nutrition, Chronic Kidney Disease with Hemodialysis, and End-Stage Renal Disease.
•Participated in and observed rounds daily; communicated nutrition recommendations to physicians; worked with diet technicians to ensure the proper delivery of oral supplements, snacks, TF formulas.
• Taught and assisted in teaching lessons, and hands-on cooking at school sites.
• Completed staff in-service at the school site on dysphagia diets for children.
•Developed nutrition/health handouts to educate SNAP recipients
• Assisted with educating WIC participants on WIC eligible foods
• Completed physical assessments with WIC participants as well as determined WIC eligibility based on policies.
• Completed nutrition assessments and provided sports nutrition in-service to college athletes
• Analyzed athlete 5-day food logs for adequate nutrition intakes and provided counseling on areas of improvement.
Food Service Management
• Assisted with various management tasks such as inventory and receiving.
• Completed poster presentation on the benefits of various whole grain options.
•Worked with Dietitian to update patient meal menus.
•Participated in CQI rounds with staff
• Completed procurement audits of the foodservice department and patient record audits.
•Worked with food service personnel to update patient meal programs and public cafeteria menus.
•Assisted hospital kitchen staff with meal prep for breakfast and lunch daily meals, following strict sanitation and food handling guidelines
•Presented ideas for food management department improvements. as well as innovative new special event menu options.
GPA: 3.0, Graduated With Honors Successfully completed all course requirements.
ServSafe Manager Certification
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: