I am currently a full time student at the University of Alabama. I am seeking a degree in English and news media. Most people choose their college degrees based solely on what they are good at, without really factoring in what they enjoy. I, however, did both: reading and writing are both things I enjoy very much and prove to be very proficient at. For these reasons, I think I would really enjoy working in the kind of environment this position fosters. Reading and writing are not only fundamental skills, but they are also a gift to possess. Through this position, I can share and facilitate that with others in my community by helping them achieve academic excellence.
● Identified unmet need in school curriculum for journalism course offering through survey of peers.
● Garnered support of faculty in English department and petitioned administration to add the course.
● Managed development, editing, formatting and publishing of content.
● Defined audience, voice, scope and purpose of publication in
consultation with editorial board, communicated vision clearly to team and created editorial calendar and deadlines.
● Oversaw layout design and worked with production team members to
complete publication every month.
● Handed out assignments, directed content meetings and evaluated
submitted pieces to manage overall tone and execution of the paper.
● Offered clear and encouraging editorial advice.
● Edited, rewrote and prepared 10-12 pieces per week by editing the flow of the articles and overall paper more interesting and reader-friendly.
● Decided readiness of articles for publications and approved final versions.
● Volunteered each summer for 2 week sessions from 2015-2019 at a day camp for children ages 5-12 years of age.
● Led group activities for 12 campers within assigned age group.
● Enforced discipline and policies to protect safety of participants.
● Engaged children in arts and crafts across a range of creative media from painting to pottery.
● Guided and mentored campers making an extra effort to check on and help those struggling with various projects and/or social skills by offering encouragement and friendship.
● Coordinated and set up final art show event for parents and family attendees.
● Interpersonal skills
● Quick learner
● Highly proficient at reading, writing and editing
● Individualized instruction
● Policy enforcement
● Achieved a 4.0 GPA and a spot on the President's List for both semesters of the 2020-2021 academic year at The University of Alabama
● Scored a 36 and a 35 in English and Reading sections of ACT
● Achieved multiple scholarships (Presidential Scholarship, Julia Tutwiler Scholarship, A&S Collegiate Scholarship)
● Entered college with enough credit to begin as a sophomore
● Maintained a high GPA and advanced writing capabilities throughout college, so much so that multiple professors confused me for a soon-to-be-graduating senior rather than a freshman
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: