A Safety & Security Specialist with an extensive background in Federal Law Enforcement and leadership management looking to join a growing organization as part of the executive team.
• Contracted as a Defensive Tactics Instructor under my current federal government employer, I am tasked with providing onsite training of various defensive tactics and strategies to both foreign and domestic operatives throughout the agency.
• I am authorized to instruct in the following disciplines: Physical Techniques, Firearms, Physical Fitness as well as basic and advanced Agency and Law Enforcement Tactics.
• Extensive history in planning, coordinating, and executing field training and lab exercises as well as administering class curriculum.
• Working history in monitoring the progress of students to include recommending and executing remedial and corrective action for students.
• Served as a lead instructor in the development of course materials.
• Conducted research on emerging agency and law enforcement technologies, practices as well as various training techniques.
• Provide classroom instruction on personal security mindset, surveillance and counter-surveillance measures, criminal prevention and terrorism response.
• Research and gather intelligence regarding domestic and international events to include: crime statistics, criminal trends and terrorism. Implement relevant information to current training/educational curriculum.
• Primary responsibilities include providing a safe and secure environment for members of the Loudoun County Public Schools community.
• Trained in the application of proper safety, security and security protocols as well as ensuring school members operate in their educational environment without incident.
• Address all security measurements to include: student/faculty related incidents, fire and security alarm systems, site security oversight and special assignments.
• Conduct site security inspections and risk assessments of county school buildings and make recommendations based off of observations and results.
• Analyze student and staff behavior and apply appropriate scenario based interaction and investigations to ensure school safety and operational harmony.
• Gather information and report on safety and security violations, special cases regarding operational concerns involving building facilities, students and faculty.
• Provided management of the entire security operation with regards to staff members, customers and merchandise through the use of multiple security access systems, surveillance monitors and standard merchandise lock-and-key measures.
• Provided training and resources involving criminal/suspicious behavior recognition, surveillance and counter-surveillance measures, active threat response and law enforcement communication training.
• Established a culture of accountability using new management techniques resulting in vast improvements in operational performance and achieving a first-place performance within AT&T's authorized retailers in the Northeast Region.
• Managed project execution in a timely manner including monitoring sales performance and projections, tracking milestones and deliverables, personnel training and evaluations.
• Gathered and disseminated various sources of information involving the latest technological communications development, marketing trends, performance numbers of competitors and AT&T corporate developments.
• Maintained oversight & management of all company operations to include time & attendance, sales execution and performance recommendations. Conducted weekly meetings with store and mid-level management reviewing quotas, projections and evaluations.
• Provided analysis, advice and assistance to executive management on the productivity and efficiency of processes and procedures within AT&T and Airtime Communications.
• Managed cooperative agreements and contracts between standard and business consumers existing or interested in joining AT&T.
• Lead in business strategies and provided assistance across inter-operational units in support of developing policy and procedure materials for the company.
• Provided law enforcement duties, inspection and security for the nation's various mass transit systems and
• Enforced State and Federal codes, ordinances, laws and regulations in order to protect life and property, prevent
crime and promote security.
• Patrolled mass transit infrastructures, places of business and areas of operation(s) via motor vehicle and on
foot; made police presence known in a manner that contributes to deterrence of law violations.
• Prevented/investigated commissions of a crime; apprehended criminals and offenders; wrote citations and made arrests as appropriate. Investigated criminal infractions and submitted appropriate documentation such as After-Action and Incident Reports.
• Investigated and analyzed various sources of information involving criminal and terrorist activities, trends and operations both domestically and internationally.
• Conducted numerous international and domestic operations of intelligence gathering in a multi-agency joint cooperation effort.
• Lead in a number of pre and post operational briefings involving the dissemination of intel, operational layout and plans of action.
• Extensive knowledge, training and practical application to high-threat situations involving Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs), Active-Shooter prevention and response and Emergency Vehicle Mandate training.
• Additional duties consisted of researching and analyzing current criminal or terrorist trends and activities targeting the traveling public as well as the practice of various investigative techniques, effective communication and negotiation, report writing, criminal behavior recognition and transportation-specific law enforcement tactics.
• Established new and assisted in the augmentation of law enforcement procedures involving a variety of transportation entities.
• Constructed joint-coordinated security operations utilizing assets from an assortment of participating government agencies.
• Certified federal law enforcement training instructor under the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center
(FLETC) and the Department of Homeland Security/FAM Service under the following disciplines: Firearms, Physical Techniques and Fitness and Law Enforcement/Defensive Tactics.
• Provided law enforcement related training in a classroom setting. Additionally drafted and/or modified new and existing training documents to meet all law enforcement and training requirements set forth by the Department of Homeland Security - Federal Air Marshal Service.
• Graduated from the US Department of Homeland Security (FLETC Artesia, NM) Federal Air Marshal Integrated Program 12/15/2006
• Received additional federal government training to include: DHS Behavioral Recognition, TSA Sensitive Security Information and Cultural/Religion awareness training, John E. Reid and Associates: The Reid Technique of Interviewing and Interrogation, DHS/TSA/FAMS Instructor Development Course, JLG Training Associates Inc: Report Writing and CSX Transportation: Emergency Response to Railroad Incidents.
DHS/FAMS - Instructor Development Course (09/2010)
DHS/FAMS - Missions Training Instructor Course (11/2010)
FLETC - Firearms Instructor Certification Course (12/2010)
DHS/FAMS - Defensive Measures (Tactics) Instructor Course (07/2011)
FLETC - Law Enforcement Fitness Coordinator Course (05/2012)
Fairfax Virginia Law Enforcement Academy - Tactics Instructor Course (02/2013)
Department of State - Firearms Instructor Certification Course (03/2020)
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: