Skilled Program Director versed in community facilitation, creative place making and translating strategic mandates into successful program plans. A diversity-focused leader with knowledge about different styles, cultures and approaches to leadership and team building, along with 15+ years of experience working in the non-profit sector. Highly skilled in multitasking to achieve challenging goals.
BOOM Concepts is a creative hub and thought leader that is dedicated to the expansion of activity by artists and entrepreneurs representing marginalized voices. BOOM Concepts has four locations across Pittsburgh with flagship location in Garfield. BOOM Concepts has studio locations in the Pittsburgh neighborhoods of Oakland and Allentown and is host to the Black Unicorn Archives & Library project. BOOM hosts monthly art exhibitions as part of #Unblurred on Penn Ave, as well as film screenings, community meetings, album release events, dance parties, and more!
BOOM Concepts recruits artists to build creative experiences that will help to advance their personal practice. BOOM Concepts supports artists by providing resources, jobs, tools, space and micro-residencies to orchestrate impactful and memorable projects that engage audiences in the community. BOOM Concepts' programs and artist roster present authentic diversity along race, age, sexual orientation and class lines.
The Senior Producer is a leadership position responsible for managing KST's presenting and producing programs, including: KST Presents, Penn Avenue Creative, Futuremaker Symposium and residencies/commissions. The Senior Producer manages a team that includes a Programming Associate and, at times, independent curators and project managers.
As the Senior Producer, my duties include :
• Overseeing implementation of the KST Presents series, including dance, theater, music, film, master classes, and artist engagement activities
• Developing programming plans and budgets for all programs in consultation with the Executive Director
• Overseeing contracting for KST Presents events and programs, including MOUs with partners and artist contracts
• Leading KST programming team to ensure that programming plans are organized and clearly communicated
• Collaborating with Production staff to ensure programming needs are met
• Developing strategies for maximizing earned revenue from presenting programs
• Identifying opportunities within program planning for donor cultivation and stewardship, working closely with the Executive Director and Development team
• Working closely with Marketing team to communicate programming information to the general public and work to develop strategies for maximizing ticket sales and identifying potential audiences
• Arranging photo and video documentation of all performances and manage the archival content library
• Ensuring adherence to deadlines
• Delegating effectively and manage a team
• Managing relationships with KST's diverse stakeholders with interpersonal savvy
Responsible for building and developing high quality programming within MGR Arts in Action initiatives, and oversee program administration by managing logistics, information and providing support to teaching artists. Continue relevant individual practice as an artist while actively creating connections with practicing artist in the field on both a local and national level. Communicate ideas of social justice, a learning mind set, strong relationship orientation and creative problem solving to both staff and students. Understanding of the youth development field while both building content-specific programming and building the capacity of young people to use art as a vehicle for social change.
• Plan and implement engaging, youth driven relevant curriculum for Arts in Action Programming
• Implement engaging activities that demonstrate the use of art as a vehicle for social change
• Work with school administration and community partners on logistical details to operate programs and implement projects
• Recruit youth for Arts in Action and create/implement a program retention strategy.
• Identify and engage local partners to support afterschool and in-school projects.
• Coordinate/oversee interns or part time staff contracted as teaching artists
• Maintain regular and open communication with all MGR staff and contractors
• Ensure that all programming reflects MGR Youth Empowerment core values
• Lead the administrative and onsite coordination of programs
• Recruit teaching artists
• Provide support and professional development to teaching artists
• Obtain supplies and manage inventory for Arts in Action programming,
• Manage program budgets and/or expenses, as needed
• Maintain consistent program records
• Manage program documentation and staff communication through program managment platforms
• Document youth participation and communicate program outputs and outcomes to MGR Youth Empowerment management, MGR social media outlets, and school administration.
Managed classroom and provided direct instruction to children grades K-2 during afterschool hours at Pittsburgh Vann. Instructed qualifying demographic of children (high-risk/low income, below average test scores) using provided reading & math based curriculum, Academic Improvement Plans (child assessments), traditional homework assistance, technological exposure and enrichment, and off-site activities. Participated in and followed guidelines for Pennsylvania Afterschool Supper Program by preparing meals, tracking data, and ensuring children enrolled in program receive appropriate snack and dinner. Effectively communicated children's progress to classroom teacher and parents. Worked with Site Coordinator in planning engaging auxiliary activities (field trips, on-site visits, Supervised program support staff and volunteers to ensure students receive productive afterschool experiences. Introduced and coordinated department's (Youth Services K-12) participation in Lawrenceville's Art All Night. Provided program assistance in Hill District for the United Way: Caught Being Good program.
Operations Manager 11/06 - 03/08
Introduced improved operating procedures; created effective model for volunteer recruitment, coordination and training; responsible for on-boarding and orientation of entry-level staff and shift supervisors; maintained high morale and resolved personnel issues; compiled and managed payroll records for entry-level staff and shift supervisors; spearheaded inclusive and respite programming offered to families of varied socio-economic backgrounds; monitored inventory for programs and building departments; developed positive vendor relationships; collaborated with upper management and colleagues to establish and attain organizational goals.
Program Coordinator 07/04 - 11/06
Developed play material rotation/cleaning schedule for play-floor; ensured all families received safe and inclusive opportunities for free play; cultivated personal and empathetic relationships with clients attending CFCP; planned monthly activities calendar; monitored status of play-floor equipment; worked closely with fellow Program Coordinators to ensure success of programs provided.
Creative Player 08/03 - 06/04
Disinfected play-floor supplies and kept order of play-floor, art room, and public dining areas; interacted enthusiastically with families attending CFCP; provided high-quality customer service and positive client/staff interactions; supervised groups of children during programs and operating hours.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held:
Where can I find a BOOM Concepts Co-Founder/Co-Operator resume example?
This is an actual resume example of a Co-Founder/Co-Operator . LiveCareer’s Resume Directory contains real resumes created by subscribers using LiveCareer’s Resume Builder.
© 2018, Bold Limited. All rights reserved.