Child Protective Services professional highly skilled in responding to reports of child abuse or neglect. Approaches cases with a calm and objective eye, and with the well-being of all involved in mind. Over 15 years of experience working with individuals and families who struggle with substance abuse, domestic violence, and mental illness.
Graduated cum laude 2010
Trained in different area's of Child Protection Services.
Trained new employees of ChildProtection Service.
Trained in mental health and crisis intervention.
• Assessed clients for abuse and neglect and compiled documentation for court reports.
• Maintained regular contact with clients, including visiting clients' homes.
• Referred clients to community partners and collaborating agencies for additional services.
• Investigated suspected cases of child abuse, neglect and exploitation.
• Facilitated FamilyTeam Meetings (FTM) and family meetings.
• Testified under oath to help the court make custody decisions.
Covered the office in my supervisors absents.
Advised Clients on community resources, made referrals and devised realistic treatment plans.
Communicated with relatives as a support for families.
Interviewed clients individually and with families to determine what services would best address their needs.
* Closed ongoing cases * Attended CQI meetings * Monitored cases for onging case workers * Worked as a leasion for court support * Completed home visits and aftercare plans * Researched history files for clients * Completed presentation summaries for children that will be adopted * Attended facilitated staffing and family team meetings * Visited homes of children for investigations, ongoing investigations, adoptions, and foster families * Attended court proceeding for both juvenile and family * Completed Prevention plans, Continuous Quality Assessment's (CQA) and Case plans * Researched history for a full assessment of clients.
Completed presentation summaries for children that will be adopted * Attended facilitated staffing and family team meetings * Visited homes of children for investigations, ongoing investigations, adoptions, and foster families * Attended court proceeding for the families * Completed Prevention plans, Continuous Quality Assessment's (CQA) and Case plans * Researched history files for clients * Prepare for Terminations of Parenatal Rights * Complete court petitions * Removal of children from family homes * Successfully reunify children with families * Referring clients to community resources * Consult with collaterals
2010 Spalding University Louisville, KY * B.S., Social Work
* Certificate in Public Child Welfare * Graduated cum laude.
2006 Jefferson Community College Louisville, KY
Associates in Applied Science 3.1 GPA
Degree in Social work
Certificate in Public Child Welfare
Indicators of child abuse and neglect
Assessments, Case management, Court proceedings and leadership
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held:
© 2019, Bold Limited. All rights reserved.