Dedicated professional with 15 years in counseling, crisis intervention, terminally ill and Hospice with at-risk youth, adults and Geriatric patients. Offers a comprehensive academic and work background in social services, as well as strong interpersonal, organizational and computer skills. I have pursued the idea of honing and developing my clinical and academic skills by integrating my clinical training with academic excellence by pursuing my doctorate program in medical humanities focusing on Medical Ethics.
• Provide pastoral care to Geriatric (with various diagnoses) and all hospice patients (various religious traditions) on my team (approximately 75 terminally ill patients in nine Assist Living Facilities in Hollywood, FL).
• Provide pastoral care services, orientation and education for all newly arrived Hospice patients.
• Provide pastoral care to all critical hospice patients and family members on a weekly basis.
• Provide pastoral care to all family members and friends of recently deceased patients.
• Provide pastoral care to covering Teams within the Miramar Office.
• Provide pastoral care and bereavement counseling to patient's families and friends while extubating patients.
• Responsible for the pronouncement of hospice patients' dead.
• Responsible for the destruction of all medications of patient after pronouncing patients dead.
• Responsible for contacting funeral homes and the pick-up of the recently deceased patients.
• Responsible for contacting Florida Medical Examiner Office for certain deceased patients.
• Officiated sacrament to Catholic patients and communion to Protestant patients.
• Provide monthly On-call for the entire Broward County in Florida.
• Officiate Memorial and Funeral services for patients.
• Participated in Multi-disciplinary rounds with Doctors, Nurses, Social Workers and other healthcare professionals.
• Responsible for documenting pastoral interaction on all patients.
• Responsibilities for providing pastoral care to Spanish patient for all teams in the Miramar office.
Primary responsible for the financial management of the company.
• Managed and maintained company's budget of $400K.
• Responsible for the payment of quarterly and monthly state and federal taxes.
• Responsible for the balancing of the company's books.
• Responsible for the daily operations of the main office.
• Responsible for accounts payable.
• Delegated the paying of vendors.
• Developed and managed organization's strategy and mission.
• Oversaw the payroll of the company.
• Supervised office staff.
• Responsible for marketing (including the development of marketing strategies productions of advertising materials and deployment of advertising materials).
• Organized annual business meetings, conferences and monthly meetings with the CEO/ Founder.
• Provided pastoral care to all non-Catholic and non-Jewish patients (approximately 90 terminally ill patients out of 200 patients).
• Provided pastoral care services, orientation and education for all newly arrived terminal patients.
• Provided pastoral care to all critical patients and family members
• Provided pastoral care to all family members and friends of recently deceased patients.
• Provided pastoral care to all patients, family members and staff during evenings.
• Officiated religious services on Sundays, Tuesdays, special events,
Christian Holidays as well as participated in hospital sponsored ceremonies.
• Assisted the department in providing pastoral care to the hospital's Spanish patients.
• Provided spiritual and emotional support to Spanish Bereavement group.
• Organized and facilitated support groups on a weekly basis for hospitalized patients' family members.
• Monitored Chapel.
• Officiated evening prayers over the paging system.
• Officiated communion to Protestant patients.
• Facilitated orientation of entering medical students to the role and responsibilities of hospital chaplains.
Job Titles Held:
Where can I find a VITAS Healthcare Chaplain resume example in Maplewood, New Jersey ?
This is an actual resume example of a Chaplain. LiveCareer’s Resume Directory contains real resumes created by subscribers using LiveCareer’s Resume Builder.
© 2018, Bold Limited. All rights reserved.