Special education teacher possessing strong leadership qualities and the capacity to manage challenging behaviors calmly and effectively. Establishes positive relationships with students, parents, and fellow professionals.
Friend's Club (3 years) - I started an after school club that is designed to include students with and without disabilities. Most of my students have significant cognitive disabilities. They struggle with social scenarios and it is difficult for them to develop peer relationships. This club gives them that opportunity.
Food and Friends (2 years) - Eighth graders volunteer to eat with one of my students once a week. The volunteer and their friends work with my students on social skills.
Eagle's Nest Coffee Cart (4 years) - One class period a day, my LIFE skills students work the coffee cart. They serve drinks and snacks to staff in the building. They have the opportunity to learn very important functional job skills and social skills.
* Instruct students with moderate to severe disabilities in all core curricular areas.
*Experience with facilitating student learning using augmentative communication devices.
* Implemented and monitored several student behavior plans
* Attended a variety of professional development workshops centered on learning goals, classroom management, student motivation and engaging learning activities.
* Employed Aimsweb, STAR Math, and STAR Reading to progress monitor student progress
* Utilize a variety of technology in the classroom to ensure student success.
*Professional Learning Committee Leader and member
*Active data team participant/contributor fulfilling various roles
* Co-taught in all core curricular areas
* Planned and implemented math lessons for struggling learners and Study Skills lessons.
* Taught RTI (Response to Intervention) classes
*Active participant/member at team meetings fulfilling various roles.
*Responsible for designing, modifying, and implementing instruction to meet the goals and objectives of students with Individualized Education Programs (IEPs).
Certification - Cross-categorical disabilities (K-12)
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held:
Where can I find a Special School District Center-Based teacher at Washington Middle School -Mehlville School District resume example in Herculaneum, Missouri ?
This is an actual resume example of a Center-Based teacher at Washington Middle School -Mehlville School District who works in the Middle School Industry. LiveCareer has 27438 Middle School resumes in its database. LiveCareer’s Resume Directory contains real resumes created by subscribers using LiveCareer’s Resume Builder.
© 2018, Bold Limited. All rights reserved.