1. Skilled host
2. skilled salesperson
3. extremely attentive to my job
4. trainable and always learning
5. good conversationalist and communicator
6. great sense of timing for guests dinner
7. extremely good front of house employee
8. see the floor extremely well
9. handle difficult people well
10. good at selling wine
Santacafe is a local fine dining Santa Fe legend. The owner, Quinn Stephenson, who I also worked with at Geronimo, is also the owner of Coyote Cafe, a famous restuarant that was arguably the first world class restaurant in this city when it opened in 1987. I would work with Quinn anywhere, as he is an incredible restaurateur, mixologist and overall fine dining bada*s who is always trying to make the experience the best it can be for the guests. Quinn bought and reopened Santacafe last year, and when he asked if I wanted to help him out I was only toohappy to say yes. I work there 2 nights a week.
Yes, its true. I am a busy person in the restaurants in Santa Fe. Trattoria A Mano is a small Italian restaurant that serves what I consider to be the best Italian food in the city. Whereas at Geronimo, where the captains have a 4-5 table section, at A Mano I will run an 8 table section. It is a faster paced environment and I am very good at a very fast paced restaurant as well. A Mano also has what I consider to be an incredible wine list where all major regions of Italy are well represented, which makes the wine list, while somewhat daunting to learn, also a real asset for wine sales. It was from working here that I came to really appreciate the Sicilian red wines, for instance. The wine buyer , Elise, Is kind of a wunderkind in this regard. I work here 1 night a week and it is because a] I wanted to learn more about Italian cuisine b] I wanted to learn more about Italian wines and c] I had worked with Elise at Geronimo [she is also the general manager of A Mano] that i took a 1 night a week job at A Mano.
I am a captain at Geronimo and have been for 20 years. Geronimo is one of the very best fine dining restaurants in the United States. Geronimo is a AAA Four Diamond and Mobil/Forbes sour star recipient. The restaurant has also been voted Open Table top 100 Restaurants in the Country and Tripadvisor Top 10 Restaurants in the U.S. as well. As for my experience
1. have extensive working knowledge with Aloha, POS, Squirrel, Micros, Lavu, Toast computer systems
2. Very skilled in selling the cuisine and the experience of every resturant I have worked at.
3. Extensive wine knowledge and skilled at pairing wine/food
4. Hospitality has been learned in a restaurant that adheres to the Danny Meyer Union Square Hospitality Group philosophy. Its about the experience, the hospitality, and, to quote a great mission statement from Eleven Madison Park, the goal is to 'Make It Nice'.
5. Take pride in the fact that I am really diligent and care about doing the pre shift and closing sidework. Many servers are not so hot in this area of the restaurant.
6. Used to working in an environment that has a lineup every night where we are and can be quizzed on the menus, food, wine and cocktail lists at any time, the point being that I come prepared for the job.
7. Was voted best bartender in Santa Fe way back in the day when I was waiting tables and bartending. I have not bartended for years, yet was a barmanager for 10 years at restaurants and a very busy nightclub.
8. i am a stickler for detail at the table. I know exactly how a table should look before, during and after the dinner and I am in to the feng shui of keeping the balance and harmony of the look at all times. The guest may not notice whats happening yet they will sense it.
9. I am not one of those servers who minds getting the last table of the night.
10. If considered for the job, before I interview I will have a great working knowldege of the menus at Hall's Chophouse. I would expect to be quizzed on this if it is part of the interview.
11. I have a really good working relationship with my coworkers, management and the owners.
12. Because of the reputation of Geronimo and the fact that New Mexico is a Hollywood favorite for shooting movies, I am very comfortable waiting on famous people. If you name a famous Hollywood actor/actress there is a good chance I have been their captain at least once. The same goes for the politicians, the famous musicians and the big money players seen on the financial channels. The point being, I have had a lot of experience in this area of fine dining. Now, if I could only get the Rolling Stones to come in.
13. I am kind of a people whisperer. If there is a difficult guest, for whatever reason, I am very good at making them relax and get them to enjoy the experience. In this business, we all have 'that table' and while its never at the top of any servers list to get that table, I just happen to be very good at dealing with them in a positive way.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: