It's inspiring and motivating to be around individuals who believe in kindness and hard work and see community service as a way of self-exploration. It is also significant to me personally because I have grown up doing community service work, assisting my mother in her job efforts to partner with the residents of neighborhoods all across the City of Chicago to support their vision of positive change. I have volunteered with numerous organizations and at many community events. Putting a smile on someone‘s face is my first goal as an employee and coworker.
• Quick Learner
• Customer Satisfaction
• Multi-Task Management
Served as a camp counselor, organized activities for children and monitored them overnight in cabins
Service projects throughout the Chicago area including tutoring, serving meals at soup kitchens (Cornerstone Community Outresch, St. Benedict's Soup Kitchen, etc.) and babysat children at a women's homeless shelter (Well of Mercy) throughout freshman, sophomore, junior and senior year
Reconstruction and painting at the Wade Center in West Virginia
CMAP's Future Leaders in Planning (FLIP), a leadership program for high school students interested in regional issues. The program focused on building resilient communities in Northeastern Illinois. At no cost to themselves, teens across the region became involved in the issues that shape our region and shared thoughts with other teens from Cook, DuPage, Kane, Kendall, Lake, McHenry, and Will counties.
Volunteered at various events including fundraisers, beautification projects and youth sports tournaments (Kerry Wood Battle of the Bats)
Participated in 5K events benefiting the foundation
• Graduated with Magna Cum Laude Honors
• Art Institute of Chicago: classes in fashion illustration, construction and design. I sketched, created and photographed clothes. Upon completion, a fashion show was held (summer 2015, 2016)
• Gus Giordano Dance Studio: weekly jazz, tap and yoga classes at the studio and performed in shows at cultural center and other studios (sophomore year)
• Yearbook Club: responsible for two-page spreads including creative design of photographs and quotes from students and teachers for topics like pep rallies and summer service (senior year)
• Theater, Crew: set construction, costume crew and hair and makeup crew (senior year)
• Chicago Skates: synchronized skating (travel) team, classes, summer training camps.
• Track and Field: competed in weekly meets including 50, 200 and 400 meter dash (sophomore, junior years)
• Cross-Country: participated in one, two and three mile races (sophomore year)
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held:
© 2019, Bold Limited. All rights reserved.