Skilled Financial professional with 24 years of experience in Governmental Financial Management, Budgeting, Contract Management, Acquisition and Execution, Proven leader and mentor. In depth knowledge of Appropriations Law, Government Contracting, Logistics Operations and Property Management. Excellent relationship-building, problem-solving and communication skills with analytical and adaptable nature.
· Managed $600M utilizing Chief Financial Officer (CFO) tools. Ensured fiscal stewardship and provided technical support and guidance to 1800+ dispersed personnel, including five Product Lines & five shared Services Divisions.
· Directed the budget execution / oversight of $400M in Operations & Support (O&S), Procurement, Construction & Improvements (PC&I), Environmental Compliance & Restoration (EC&R) and Reimbursable funding for 17 bases and 6 Civil Engineering Units (CEU).
· Implemented policies for OMB / GAO compliant obligations, expenditures and reconciliation of $120M in operating expenses for 17 US Coast Guard Bases, two base detachments, and $3M in 11 staff budgets.
· Instrumental in $5M recapture and reprogramming of excess funds to meet other organizational goals.
· Directed $4.5M in operations, weapons, fuel, supply, personnel budget for five worldwide deployments aboard the USCGC SHERMAN.
· Prepared spend plan budgets and justification for 26 field units and staff accounts with Budget Officer and Base Comptrollers collaboration; led the establishment of budgetary benchmarks for accounts, formulated financial management strategies and provided support and insight for continuousmonitoring and improvements.
· Technical authority for 25 multi-year, Inter-Agency Reimbursable Agreements and liaison to CG Bases, staff, HQ, Finance Center and Other Government Agencies for implementation and closeout.
· Administrator for end of fiscal year close-out of all financial accounts in accordance with agency policy for 13 years.
· Facilitated 5,000 purchase card charges, 2,500 purchase card requests, and 3,000 Military Standard Requisitioning and Issuing Procedures (MILSTRIP) requisitions.
· Responsible for $116K petty cash with 100% accurate and on-time monthly audits.
· Coordinated two successful Panama Canal transits, on-load of over 166K gallons of diesel fuel, $50K worth of provisions, $75K in port services for USCGC Thetis during a 79 day patrol and five port calls.
· Achieved and maintained 100% on-time, quarterly, CFO audit certifications and reporting as the managing review official chartered to ensure key performance measures and financial ledgers met organizational standards.
· Subject matter expert and technical authority to senior executives on financial management, ensuring budget forecasting, justification, ratification, execution, spend-down targets, and reporting are regulatory compliant.
· Provided full spectrum supervision, training and coaching to more than 30 geographically dispersed finance and procurement managers and support staff personnel, from indoctrination through performance appraisals, remediation, promotion, and departure.
· Directed and provided oversight to investigatory interrogations into automated financial systems to identify and report critical and mean funding levels, spending, scheduling and related finance and budget trends.
Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM)
Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM)
2 - Coast Guard Commendation Medals
3 - Coast Guard Achievement Medals
4 - Coast Guard Commandant's Letter of Commendation
Coast Guard Team Commendation
Enlisted Person of the Quarter, Coast Guard Academy
4 - Coast Guard Good Conduct Medals
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: