United States Border Patrol Agent with 15 years federal experience in the military and civilian sectors. Proven success in law enforcement, small-unit leadership, emergency-medical training, course development, academics, intelligence collection, and logistics.
– Eight years front-line experience at one of the busiest stations in the Laredo Sector. Proficient in proper law-enforcement tactics, techniques, procedures, and policies associated with Border Patrol Agent responsibilities to enforce federal laws and regulations.
– Remains calm and professional when dealing with members of the public, whether ordinary law-abiding persons or violent and dangerous criminals. Constantly weighing and balancing individual rights and liberties with the interests of the United States in maintaining a secure, sovereign border.
– Gained expertise in line-watch operations; employed multiple technologies, electronic equipment, and surveillance systems to detect, deter, and impede the unlawful entrance of illegal aliens, criminals, terrorists, and all forms of illegal contraband.
– Conducted surveillance of the international border from covert positions in search of illicit activities, including human and narcotic smuggling, the entrance of illegal aliens, and the prevention and protection against terroristic actors and weapons.
– Responded to electronic sensor alarms; discovered, deciphered, and followed tracks, marks and other physical evidence through hazardous terrain, including creeks, ranchland, and thick brush in a variety of weather and lighting conditions.
– Knowledgeable of appropriate techniques for identifying counterfeit and fraudulent documents. Experienced in the use of government technology while conducting traffic checks, city patrol, and transportation checks.
– Served on the Brush Crew in 2012: patrolled remote areas of the Laredo South area of responsibility. Worked independently for extended periods of time in low-light conditions tracking and sign-cutting. Developed expertise knowledge of the geographic features of assigned areas, traffic trends, and time of travel between border-crossing points to various transit locations.
– Assigned to mentor, train, coach, and evaluate Border Patrol Agents on trainee status. Acquainted trainees with geographical features, sensor locations, known smuggling routes, and hazardous terrain in the Laredo South Area of Responsibility. Recorded trainee progress on Field Observation Reports.
– Proficient in federal immigration laws, specifically U.S. Code Titles 8, 18, 19, and 21; maintains an understanding of court decisions and uses this knowledge to legally apprehend and search violators, confiscate contraband, interrogate perpetrators and witnesses, notify offenders of constitutional rights, and take sworn statements.
– Prepared case files for criminal and administrative proceedings; coordinated removals after sentences served; used a range of information systems and databases to perform information searches, queries, and file updates; and identified asylum cases and credible fear-persecution claims.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held:
Where can I find a United States Border Patrol Border Patrol Agent resume example in Laredo, Texas ?
This is an actual resume example of a Border Patrol Agent. LiveCareer’s Resume Directory contains real resumes created by subscribers using LiveCareer’s Resume Builder.
© 2019, Bold Limited. All rights reserved.