Result oriented Information Technology leader. Experienced in strategic and tactical planning, budget preparation and management, project analysis and execution, product evaluation and selection, vendor negotiations, team building and leadership with a constant focus on customer service.
AVP IT PMODec 2014 to Current HonorHealth － Scottsdale, AZDeveloped and implemented organizational standards for the definition, planning, execution and philosophies for IT Project Management. Oversaw the implementation of SharePoint for use internally, including site, form and workflow development. Developed and Managed multi-million dollar operating and capital budgets. Redesigned and managed IT work management tool and managed the overall IT Administrative functions including procurement, staffing and contracting.
Dir IT Financials and Physician ServicesAug 2012 to Nov 2014 Renown Health － Reno, NV
Member of the IT Leadership team accountable for ensuring effective and efficient delivery of information technology in the following areas. Renown and sub-licensed Physician Offices, Ambulatory and Outpatient Scheduling, Web/Retail applications, Interfaces, Help Desk and Data Center Operations, Telemedicine and DesKtop Support.
- Successful implementation of EPIC Ambulatory and Cadence across multiple practices for both Renown and sub-licensed locations.
- Completion of Win XP to Windows7 conversion, approx 5,000 desktops
- Met organizational needs for meaningful use and ACO needs through application development and reporting
IT Director, Business Applications - CHS Corporate ITJul 2009 to Jul 2012 Catholic Health System and predecessor organizations － Buffalo, NY
Directed the delivery, support and maintenance of Business Applications to meet the business objectives of the organization. Supported the business strategies through planning, budgeting and implementing business applications.
- Implementation of Soarian Financials, Scheduling and Contract Modeling across 3 acute care campuses and their primary care facilities.
- Development of system wide electronic payment process through accounts payable system.
- Development and implementation of purchasing contract load process
Equinox Program ManagerNov 2006 to Jul 2009 Catholic Health System
Oversaw the implementaion and business redesign efforts related to our Soaring Clinicals and Soaring Financials implementations. Responsible for ensuring that planning, budgeting and redesign efforts were implemented on time and within budget.
- Cleansing and consolidation of the master patient indexes for 4 acute databases (over 2 million records). Bringing potential duplicates from over 8% to industry standard of 2%.
- Development of custom integration strategy for maintaining clean MPI as we transitioned to Soaring Financials.
- Successful implementation of the organizations first single clinical repository and standard clinical order entry system across 4 acute campuses.
- Successful implementaion of Siemens Decision Support System.
Director, Clinical Operating Systems, Continuing Care DivisionOct 2004 to Nov 2006 Catholic Health System
Member of the Longterm Care, 12 locations, and HomeCare, 3 agencies, leadership teams responsible for the management of their IT systems.
- Implementation of Physician Order Entry Module for our LTC facilities. Standardizing pharmaceutical dispensing policies and procedures.
- Development and implementation of several custom electronic forms and reports supporting our home care clinicians using laptops in the field and thier management teams.
Director, Informations SystemsJan 2000 to Oct 2004 Catholic Health System
Oversaw application delivery and support across a complex integrated health system. Lead the planning, implementation, support and maintenance across all locations for all applications in the following areas..Clinical, General Financial, Long Term Care and Home Care. Served the organization promoting efficiency, collaboration and standardization. Maintained a major responsibility as part of the Information Systems Steering Committee. Maintained responsibility for the operations of one of two major data centers.
- Implementation of a single clinical and financial system for our 13 longterm care facilities stressing standardization and best practices.
- Implementation of a single dictation and transcription system across 5 acute care facilities. Standardizing on physician databases and dictation process and allowing transcriptionists to work from home and sharing of workloads.
- Implementation of a standard Radiology system across 4 acute care facilities. Delivered new tools allowing sign remotely.
- Consolidated AS/400 based Home care application onto a shared central server reducing costs and increasing support.
Director, Information System - Sisters and St Joseph HospitalsAug 1998 to Jul 2000 Catholic Health System
Responsible for the planning, implementation, operations and support of all aspects of Information Management for 2 acute care organizations.
- Successfully completed system conversion for one acute facility, eliminating one of three CHS HIS platforms. Data was converted to the detail level, standardized masterfulness, policies, procedures, reporting, operations and support for the 2 hospitals. Implementation of standard General Financial applications(HR/Payroll/GL/Materials Management/AP) and T&A across all 4 acute facilities and 3 hospital based LTC facilities.
- Installation of a single interface engine allowing central creation and management of interfaces and eliminated the need for point to point.
- Successfully prepared the organization for yr 2000 in a highly customized environment.
- Consolidated operations and support for the 2 facilities
- Selection and implementation of a single pharmacy system for the 2 facilities, standardizing formulary and policy/procedures.
Director Information Systems - Sisters hospitalJun 1997 to Jun 1998 Catholic Health System
Managed all aspects of information systems for the organization.
- Implementation of a new hospital Laboratory Systems
- Worked closely with lab vendor to develop a new nursing order entry module.
Programmer AnalystFeb 1990 to Apr 1997 Catholic Health System
Responsible for the development and support of hospital applications.
- Design and development of Integrated Radiology Managment System
- Design and development of integrated transcription system
Contract ProgrammerJan 1989 to Jan 1990 American Computer Services － Buffalo, NY
Programmer AnalystJan 1988 to Jan 1989 Dana Farber Cancer Institute － Boston, MA
Programmer AnalystJan 1987 to Feb 1988 Internation Health Specialists － Newton, MA
Programmer AnalystJan 1985 to Jan 1987 SIHI Pumps － Grand Island, NY
Education and Training
Six Sigma Black Belt2010State University of New York at Buffalo － Buffalo, NY
Healthcare Administration2000State University of New York － Buffalo, NY
Associate of Applied Science, Data Processing1985Erie County Community College － Williamsville, NY