• Design of Bus Body Structure for Luxury coaches (bus 6x2).
• Involved in design and development of BIW Structure parts
1) side wall LH & RH 2) Middle Frame 3) front floor 4) Rear floor
• Drafting and Detailing of Parts, Assembly and Installing drawings, Assembly verification.
• Draft Analysis for plastics, GD&T, BOM.
• Involved in the DFMEA process for Middle Frame
• Design of manufacturing and Assembly, DFA, DFM.
• Involved in Design review meetings with Cross functional teams.
• Coordinating with FEA Team for Analysis of various Structural Components and Mechanisms and made changes to design where required.
• Coordinated with Model Shop in Prototype Development.
Tools: Hyper Mesh, Abaqus, HyperView, SimLab, ADAMS.
• Finite Element Meshing is done to the imported geometry in Hyper Mesh with provided standards.
• Created Surfaces and Interaction between the surfaces.
• Different Materials, Properties, Rigids, Constrains, Loads and Boundary Conditions are applied.
• Various types of Load-steps and Out-put blocks are defined in the preprocessor.
• Used ABAQUS as a solver and results were obtained.
• Analyzed the results involving stresses, forces and displacement using HyperView Postprocessor.
Tools: CATIA V5, HYPERMESH, ABAQUS, HYPERVIEW
• Collaborated in a team to design and build an Off-Roading vehicle within the allowed budget while meeting all the major milestones.
• Designed and built front and rear suspension system, steering system and breaking system.
• Designed Wishbones, Knuckle and spring 3D models in CATIA V5 and built CAE models using HYPERMESH.
• Static analysis on the modal is done in HYPERMESH, using ABAQUS as a solver.
• Require design changes were done to the Wishbones accordingly.
• Using MSC ADAMS, Multibody Dynamic Analysis done on both front and rear suspension.
• Simulations were run for different values of suspension spring stiffness and tire stiffness; the results were collected.
• Undertook the durability analysis and reviewed the results.
• Performed various tests like Up-Hill, Down-Hill, Figure-8, Off-Road, Constant radius turn, U-turn, Breaking and Accelerating, to increase the ride of the vehicle.
• Maintained bill of materials, including the cost analysis reports for the designed components.
Tools: ADAMS, MAPLE.
• 2-Degrees of Freedom bicycle handling model and Articulated Vehicle Model
Investigated the dynamic response and trailer load cases of two different vehicles due to various steering inputs at a constant vehicle speed, used MAPLE SOFTWARE to solve the differential equations of motion and determined the performance of the vehicle.
Working with Half Suspension Model, Analysis done to Tie-Rod Geometry, Bushing-Stiffness, by changing design parameters, plotting results and comparing results.
• Suspension kinematics
Performed a kinematic analysis of an SLA front suspension for the Ride-Motion-Event, modified the Front Steer Hardpoints, Plotting Toe, Caster and Camber as a function of the wheel center location and comparing results and modifying the baseline hardpoints to increase the Camber-Gain in Jounce.
• Suspension Design
Front Ride Motion, SLA front suspension, Front Roll Motion (displacement based) and front compliance to determine front toe sensitivity to various design parameters and determined the Front Roll Steer (using front roll motion) and Front Parallel Lateral Steer Compliance (using front Compliance).
• Vehicle Comparison
For the two different vehicle models investigated the differences using Static Vehicle Characteristics, Constant Radius, J-Turn. And determined Maximum lateral acceleration, Understeer budgeting.
• Vehicle Handling/ Rear Suspension Investigation
Investigated the effects of modifying the lower control arms hardpoints, Constant Radius event to understand the effects of design modifications and Understeer Budgeting for the nominal, lowest and highest design, modifying the hardpoints and behavior of the vehicle.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held:
Where can I find a MG Automotives Pvt Ltd AUTOMOTIVE DESIGN ENGINEER resume example in Northville, Michigan ?
This is an actual resume example of a AUTOMOTIVE DESIGN ENGINEER . LiveCareer’s Resume Directory contains real resumes created by subscribers using LiveCareer’s Resume Builder.
© 2019, Bold Limited. All rights reserved.