Analytical Corporate Counsel with 7 years of experience in advising organizational leaders and employees on a wide range of topics, ranging from business strategies to regulatory compliance and other legal matters. Accomplished in leading companies through, complex contract negotiations, and mediation, arbitration, and litigation. Successful in working cross-functionally to achieve organizational goals while mitigating risk and minimizing corporate liability.
* Military Rank: Major / O4
Chief of Legal Assistance | Joint Force Headquarters, Texas Army National Guard07/2018 – Present
· Provides estate planning advice, drafts wills, powers of attorney, and reviews contracts and leases.
· Conducts legal analysis and provides timely legal counsel to Joint Staff, the State Staff Judge Advocate, and the State Military Judge on issues involving military operations, administrative law, contract and fiscal law, environmental law, force protection, and ethics.
Senior Trial Counsel | 36th Infantry Division, Texas Army National Guard05/17 – 07/18
· Represented the Texas Army National Guard at over 75 administrative separation board proceedings before Military Judges.
· Developed junior officers through mentorship, ensuring the improvement of their technical, professional, and military skills and enhancing their ability to handle legal issues.
· Led Law of Armed Conflict training, Detainee Operations training, and Rules of Engagement training to over 500 deploying Soldiers.
Trial Counsel | 36th Infantry Division, Texas Army National Guard 08/14 – 03/16
· Advised Commanders and convening authorities on the referral of charges for courts martial.
· Represented the Texas Army National Guard at over 85 non-judicial punishment proceedings, and 150 administrative separation board proceedings.
Policy / Procedure Development
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: