Highly self motivated scientist skilled in designing and executing cell biology based research projects for eighteen years. Proven track record of successful cell research in stem cell biology, cardiovascular disease model, high throughput compound selection and gene therapy. Excellent critical thinking, complex problem solving and team worker
Nuclear reprogramming method to change the epigenetic modulations in normal and cancer cells, and further analyzed the early epigenetic events in silencing of core transcriptional factors to find new strategies to control normal cell differentiation and tumor progression.
small RNA interference in human cancer
Heterozygous cell line of embryonic stem cell and tumor cell and construction method thereof. (Patent number: 200810202863.1, Issued ID: 2012092100189840).
COMPOSITIONS AND METHODS FOR TRANSDIFFERENTIATING CELLS (Application Number 63030626, pending), RESEARCH PAPERS-PEER REVIEWED
1. Yao J , Wu X, Qiao X, Zhang D, Zhang L, Ma JA, Cai X, Boström KI, Yao Y. Shifting osteogenesis in vascular calcification. JCI Insight. 2021 Apr 13;143023. doi: 10.1172
2. Guihard P, Guo Y, Wu Y, Zhang L, Yao J , Jumabay M, Yao Y, Garfinkel A, Boström KI. Shaping Waves of Bone Morphogenetic Protein Inhibition During Vascular Growth. Circ Res. 2020 Aug 28. doi: 10.1161
3. Wang L, Yao J , Yu T, Zhang D, Qiao X, Yao Z, Wu X, Zhang L, Boström KI, Yao Y. Homeobox D3, A Novel Link Between Bone Morphogenetic Protein 9 and Transforming Growth Factor Beta 1 Signaling. J Mol Biol. 2020 Mar 27;432(7):2030-2041
4. Yao J , Wu X, Wang L, Hernandez C, Zhang L, Boström KI, Yao Y. Elevated Endothelial Sox2 Causes Lumen Disruption and Cerebral AVMs. J Clin Invest. 2019 Jun 24;129(8):3121-3133.
5. Wu X*, Yao J * , Wang L, Zhang D, Zhang L, Reynolds EX, Yu T, Boström KI, Yao Y. Crosstalk between BMP and Notch Induces Sox2 in Cerebral Endothelial Cells. Cells. 2019 June 6;8(6). (co-first author)
6. Yao Y, Yao J , Boström KI. SOX Transcription Factors in Endothelial Differentiation and Endothelial-Mesenchymal Transitions. Front Cardiovasc Med. 2019 Mar 28;6:30
7. Boström KI , Yao J , Wu X, Yao Y. Endothelial Cells May Have Tissue Specific Origins. J Cell Biol Histol. 2018 1(1): 104
8. Yao J , Guihard P, Wu X, Blazquez-Medela AM, Spencer M, Jumbabay M, Tontonoz P, Fogelman A, Boström KI, Yao Y. Vascular endothelium plays a key role in directing pulmonary epithelial cell differentiation. J Cell Biol. 2017 Oct 2;216(10):3369-3385.
9. Wang L, Yao J , Sun H, He K, Tong D, Song T, Huang C. MicroRNA101 suppresses progression of lung cancer through the PTEN/AKT signaling pathway by targeting DNA methyltransferase 3A. Oncology Letters 13: 329-338, 2017.
10. Guihard PJ, Yao J , Blazquez-Medela AM, Iruela-Arispe L, Boström KI, Yao Y. Endothelial-Mesenchymal Transition in Vascular Calcification of Ins2Akita/+ Mice. PLoS ONE 11(12): e0167936, 2016.
11. Boström KI, Yao J , Guihard PJ, Blazquez-Medela AM, Yao Y. Endothelial-mesmenchymal transition in atherosclerotic lesion calcification. Atherosclerosis. 2016 Sep 2; 253: 124-127.
12. Yao J , Zhang L, Hu L, Guo B, Lau J, Wang X and Hu Y. Tumorigenic potential is restored during differentiation in fusion-reprogrammed cancer cells. Cell Death & Disease. 2016 Jul 28; 7 (7): e2314.
13. Yao J , Guihard P, Blazquez-Medela AM, Guo Y, Liu T, Boström KI, Yao Y. Matrix Gla protein regulates differentiation of endothelial cells derived from mouse embryonic stem cells. Angiogenesis. 2016; 19: 1-7.
14. Yao J , Guihard P, Blazquez-Medela AM, Guo Y, Moon JH, Jumabay M, Bostrom KI, Yao Y. Serine Protease Activation Essential for Endothelial-Mesenchymal Transition in Vascular Calcification. Circ Res. 2015; 117: 758-769.
15. Wang L, Yao J , Sun H, Sun R, Chang S, Yang Y, Song T, Huang C. miR-302b suppresses cell invasion and metastasis by directly targeting AKT2 in human hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Tumor Biology 37 (1), 847-855, 2016.
16. Blazquez-Medela AM, Guihard PJ, Yao J , Jumabay M, Lusis AJ, Boström KI, Yao Y. ABCC6 deficiency is associated with activation of BMP signaling in liver and kidney. FEBS Open Bio, 2015; 5:257-263.
17. Boström KI, Guihard P, Blazquez Medela AM, Yao J , Moon JH, Penton A, Yao Y. Matrix Gla protein limits pulmonary arteriovenous malformations in ALK1 deficiency. Eur Respir J, 2015; 45: 849-852.
18. Yang Y, Li M, Chang S, Wang L, Song T, Gao L, Hu L, Li Z, Liu L, Yao J *, Huang C*. MicroRNA-195 acts as a tumor suppressor by directly targeting Wnt3a in HepG2 hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Mol Med Rep, 2014; 10:2643-2648. (Co-correspond author).
19. Guo, B., Liu, L., Yao, J. , Ma, R., Chang, D., Li, Z., Song, T., and Huang, C. miR-338-3p suppresses progression of gastric cancer through PTEN-AKT signaling pathways by targeting P-REX2a. Mol Cancer Res 2014; 12:313-321
20. Wang, L.*, Yao, J.* , Zhang, X., Guo, B., Le, X., Cubberly, M., Li, Z., Nan, K., Song T., and Huang, C. (2014). MicroRNA-302b Suppresses Human Hepatocellular Carcinoma by Targeting AKT2. Mol Cancer Res 2014; 12: 190-202 (*co-first author).
21. Yao, Y., Yao, J. , Radparvar, M., Blazquez-Medela, A.M., Guihard, P.J., Jumabay, M., and Bostrom, K.I. Reducing Jagged 1 and 2 levels prevents cerebral arteriovenous malformations in matrix Gla protein deficiency. Pro. Nat. Acad. Sci. U.S.A 2013; 110: 19071-19076.
22. Wang, L*., Yao, J .*, Shi, X., Hu, L., Li, Z., Song, T., and Huang, C. MicroRNA-302b suppresses cell proliferation by targeting EGFR in human hepatocellular carcinoma SMMC-7721 cells. BMC cancer 2013; 13: 448. (*co-first author).
23. Ni, L. Nian, S. Liu, L. Yao, J . Wang, A. Yang, J. Hu, X. Song, T. Effect of siRNA-mediated MAPK p42 silence on the proliferation and apoptosis of SMMC7721 cells. Journal of Xi'an Jiaotong University(Medical Sciences) 2011; 6: 677-679.
24. Yao, J . Zhang, L., Zhang, X., Ma, Y., He, Z. Y., Hui, L. J., Wang, X., and Hu, Y. P. H3K27 Trimethylation is an Early Epigenetic Event of p16INK4a Silencing for Regaining Tumorigenesis in Fusion Reprogrammed Hepatoma Cells. J. Biol. Chem. 2010; 285: 18828-18837.
25. Huang, C., Yao, J ., Liu, L.Y., Ni, L., Song, T. S. (2007). Small Interfering RNA-Mediated Nuclear Factor-κB P65 Suppression Induces Apoptosis of Hepatic Carcinoma SMMC-7721 Cells. Journal of Southern Medical University, 2007; 27:12.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: