1. Began nursing career as a floor nurse with idea of climbing the professional ladder.
2. Opportunity to work in psych, from staff nurse to charge nurse and ER triage.
3. Became ADON of large psychiatric unit, multi-tasking, on call 24/7, working with ERs around the state, working with physicians who relied on my triage skills.
4. Took skills to a different level of compliance and education after analyzing four different hospitals. Became an educator of nurses and physicians with the well being and highest level of patient care always as the driving force.
5. After 37 years of nursing, am still working for the patient and doing my best to assure the patient obtains the best care. This involves realistically looking at the insurance and pharmaceutical levels and how they operate. It exciting to do research and to help each patient obtain procedures, testing and medications needed - often having to choose a different pathway within the health care industry.
6. Hard-working, diligent, a team player. There will never be a job that is beneath me when it comes to bringing the best healthcare to all individuals possible.
1. Former Palmetto Gold nominee for state of South Carolina.
2. Awarded national Daisy award for Pardee hospital.
3. Have worked for many years as a volunteer panel review committee member for NCLEX - giving of my time to help ensure that future nurses are meeting and/or exceeding entry requirements.
4. Devote many hours every year to volunteering as a staff nurse for our local Free Clinic. The diverse population served continues to amaze and challenge me as a nurse.
5. Member of Pain Society of the Carolinas.
6. Member of national organization ASPAN, active in our local chapter as secretary. I arrange all meetings, procure speakers and CEUs. Last year and this year, working as part of the organizational team to host the North Carolina annual conference.
7. Served as member, co-chairman of hospital Retention Council.
8. Member of Diversity group, with special interest in promoting a dementia-friendly environment.
1. Do all prior authorizations/follow up for patient medications.
2. Do all appeals/grievances for denials of medications, procedures and medications.
3. Offered patient education and advice related to and including pre- and post-operative instructions, medication administration, follow-up appointments and symptoms indicating emergency care.
4. Obtained case history and gathered triage information to determine appropriate avenue for care.
5. Performed additional clinic and non-triage nurse duties such as instructing patients in general and specific medical care and health issues and administering or dispensing medication and injections.
6. Handle all patient complaints/grievances.
7. Work as needed in all areas associated with our pain management clinic, which includes: staff nurse, procedure room nurse, on call manager.
1. Oversight of all clinical aspects of four hospitals within the Advent Health care system.
2. Generated and reviewed incident reports, including employee write-ups, actualizing appropriate corrective action plans to mitigate ongoing and potential situations.
3. Monitored and inspected staff processes to eliminate hazards posed for both residents and staff while ensuring continuous compliance with regulations.
4. Implemented successful healthcare program through professionalism, quality of care, medical teaching and patient satisfaction.
5. Developed and updated policies and procedures, maintaining compliance with statutory, regulatory and local, state and federal guidelines relating to HIPAA, benefits administration and general liability.
1. ADON for large private psychiatric hospital which included in-patient units for crisis stabilization, detox, dementia, general psych and children. Additionally, residential facilities for both young men and women up to age 18.
2. Established new policies and updated existing policies to improve standard of care for patients.
3. Collaborated with staff, management and external groups to coordinate patient care.
4. Participated in daily management team meetings to discuss resident status, census changes and resident complaints or concerns.
5. Evaluated work performance of nursing, adjunct and social work personnel to determine wage increases and implement discipline.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: