Order and facilitate all diagnostic imaging and laboratory testing for all medical and surgical ICU patients.
Stand as first point of contact for family members and all visitors to the ICU.
Obtain and disseminate patients previous internal and external medical records, finding information that pertains to current care and providing that information to the physicians in charge of patient.
Maintain correct charting and record keeping as it pertains to hospital privacy guidelines and HIPAA laws.
Work as part of a dedicated healthcare team to provide the best care possible to our country's veterans.
CERTIFIED 911 CALL TAKER: ANSWER 911 AND NON EMERGENCY CALLS, SET UP CALLS FOR DISPATCH ACCORDING TO CALL TYPE SOP AND IN THE APPROPRIATE TIME FRAME PER CALL TYPE.
USE VERSA CAD DISPATCH SYSTEM TO CHECK ALL ADDRESSES FOR FLAGS RELATING TO HAZARDS AT THE SCENE THAT RESPONDERS NEED AWARENESS OF.
USE LEDS/NCIC, CJIS, REGJIN, DMV, AND OTHER STATE AND LOCAL DATABASES TO ACCESS INFORMATION ON INDIVIDUALS THAT IS TO BE USED FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT PURPOSES.
USE THE LEDS DATABASE TO CONFIRM WARRANTS.
PERFORM DUTIES AS A CALL TAKER AND DISPATCHER WITH CALM, PROFESSIONAL MANNER. COMMUNICATE PROFESSIONALLY WITH THE PUBLIC AND MULTIPLE USER AGENCIES. ABILITY TO MULTI TASK, MAKE QUICK AND ACCURATE DECISIONS, ABILITY TO DISSEMINATE LARGE AMOUNTS OF INFORMATION. ABILITY TO BE FLEXIBLE AND TO CHANGE DIRECTION OR PLAN QUICKLY.
• Eleven years of bedside patient care experience.
• Assist in all emergency room procedures.
• Maintain accurate charting during active patient resuscitations and critical care events.
• Perform CPR during active codes.
• Prepare patients for and assist with examinations or treatments.
• Prepare rooms, sterile instruments, equipment, or supplies and ensure that stock of supplies is maintained.
• Conduct specified laboratory tests.
• Record patients' medical information and vital signs
• Communicate with patients to ascertain feelings or need for assistance or social and emotional support.
• Document or otherwise report observations of patient behavior, complaints, or physical symptoms to nurses.
• Observe or examine patients to detect symptoms that may require medical attention, such as bruises, open wounds, or blood in urine.
• Portland Community College: 2002-2007. 62 Credits earned. Cumulative GPA of 3.6, Dean's List 2001-2003. EMT basic completed 2003.
• Proficient in computer based charting; Vista, CPRS, E-chart, T-chart, Cerner, and EPIC charting systems.
Proficient user of LEDS/NCIS, Regjin, WebLEDS, and DMV databeses.
Proficient in Windows and Microsoft office software.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held:
Where can I find a VA Portland Health Care System Advanced Medical Support Assistant resume example in Portland, Oregon ?
This is an actual resume example of a Advanced Medical Support Assistant. LiveCareer’s Resume Directory contains real resumes created by subscribers using LiveCareer’s Resume Builder.
© 2018, Bold Limited. All rights reserved.