Three years as an Adjunct Professor at Harcum College, working with under achieving students and students from under-performing school districts. Offered in-depth knowledge in the development and implementation of comprehension and study skills in content areas and applications in the classroom. Talented educator driven to inspire students to achieve personal and academic success. Much experience has been garnered working with students one-on-one.
* Responsible for developing the coursework for Human Development (PSY 156), Reading and Study Skills (RDG 050 and RDG 100) as well as Developmental English (ENG 050 and ENG 100).
*Maintained a teaching load of 3 undergraduate courses each semester.
*Challenged and motivated students through in-depth lectures and discussions, and individualized student projects
* Lectured and communicated effectively with students from diverse backgrounds.
* Initiated thought-provoking classroom discussions to help students develop their critical thinking abilities.
* Kept abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature.
* Maintained thorough records of student attendance and grades.
* Maintained regularly-scheduled office hours to advise and assist students.
* Assisted in the research and publication of innovative methods for teaching reading skills to adult learners
Planned and implemented culturally relevant programming for the TUFSD. This included working with teachers to plan and implement off-site field trips, coordinate interactive in-school programming, and provide enriching assembly programs to supplement the curriculum.
*Record all activities of the Board of Directors of the MCC
*Maintain and submit records to the Pennsylvania State Review Board
*Evaluate and provide opportunities for professional development of the Faculty
*Set goals and implement plans for the improvement of facilities
*Determine and implement budget and oversee Money Market accounts
Responsible to coordinate volunteer committee for Mount Vernon Head Start. Developed lesson plans and activities for pre-school aged children who qualified for special language support. Acquired all necessary materials, including donations of books to the school library.
*Taught seventh and eighth graders in one of the country's landmark college preparatory programs for students with specific learning disabilities
*Developed unique curriculum to teach study strategies, reasoning, and critical thinking
*Developed curriculum to interrelate language study, literature, and composition
* Responsible for diagnosis and remediation of individual reading and language difficulties
* Attended Professional development seminars in excess of 10 quarter hours as required by the Southern Association of Colleges
* Evaluated student progress and assessment for further placement withing the Academy
* Coached Middle School Track
* Co-founded and sponsored Middle School Outdoors Club
Alpha Upsilon Alpha Honor Society
International Reading Association
Georgia Orton Society
Rochester National Scholarship
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held:
Where can I find a Harcum College Adjunct Professor resume example in Hingham, Massachusetts ?
This is an actual resume example of a Adjunct Professor who works in the College and University Industry. LiveCareer has 39255 College and University resumes in its database. LiveCareer’s Resume Directory contains real resumes created by subscribers using LiveCareer’s Resume Builder.
© 2018, Bold Limited. All rights reserved.