Motivated librarian with nine years of academic library experience, four of which involves working within reference services. I am highly organized, innovative and active as a team player. I continually strive to improve my current skill-set by taking the initiative on learning new functions and practices within the library setting.
• Oversees the Circulation Department's daily operations, staff training and scheduling, monthly and yearly statistics, and various collection maintenance projects.
• Provides on-site and virtual reference assistances.
• Conducts one-shot information literacy instruction.
• Participates collaboratively in the selection, maintenance, and deselection of the library's physical and electric resources.
• Constructs and performs quality control on the library's libguides.
• Develops and enacts new library standards and practices.
• Collaborated on the transition of a new reference services model, the development of library workshops and redevelopment of library's website.
• Assists the cataloger in the deselection and withdrawal of physical resources utilizing the local integrated library system and OCLC Connexion Client.
• Manages the library's incoming revenue ventures for on-going library and academic sustainability projects, activities, events, and professional development.
• Served as a subject liaison for the history, political science, economics, geography and the Institute of Detroit Studies departments.
Library of Michigan:
Professional Librarian Certification Level 2
Midwest Collaborative for Library Services (MCLS):
Basic Cataloging Certificate (Forthcoming: June 1st, 2018).
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: