Want to use this resume? Customize this Resume
Exceptionally sensitive and dedicated Advocacy Worker with a strong commitment to children's rights and general community service. Able to handle tense and difficult interpersonal situations with full empathy and professionalism. Adept at explaining complex legal advocacy matters to children adolescents and family member in a clear and understandable manner.
- Wide development and management experience with children's programs
- Excellent grasp of child protection practices and principles
- Strong knowledge of local and state regulations for child and adolescent advocacy
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service abilities
- Superior skills in presenting information in a clear and accessible manner
- Exceptional problem-solving and creative thinking abilities
- High sensitivity and compassion for children and families
6/1/2011 - Present
Immanuel Hospital Social Services
- Provided assistance and support to child and adolescent patients with respect to a variety of issues.
- Conducted a residential care visiting advocacy program for child and young adult patients.
- Developed exit interview and information gathering process for children leaving foster care.
- Assisted young patients and clients in obtaining adequate legal representation as required.
- Interviewed family members and caregivers as needed for individual child and young adult clients.
6/1/2007 - 5/1/2011
Lutheran Social Services
- Informed child and young adult client of their advocacy and legal options.
- Furnished various kinds of facility support in coordination with appropriate social service agencies.
- Drafted and submitted project reports to management and board members.
- Contributed to child and adolescent activity program promotion.
Bachelor's Degree - Social Work
College of St. Mary's
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Advocacy Worker job position, but it won't just be handed to you. Crafting a Advocacy Worker resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.View All Worker Resumes