Want to use this resume? Customize this Resume
Seasoned Lead Pastor with 11 years’ experience of increasing responsibility in congregational leadership. Committed to shepherding individuals to Christ, engaging the community in missionary work and community outreach, and devising strategies to sustain long-term operations goals. Expertise in spiritual counseling, education, and mentorship. Proven success in advancing church goals and increasing community engagement in congregation.
- Congregational Leadership
- Operations Management
- Community Outreach
- Program Development and Management
- Spiritual Counseling
- Financial Management
2/1/2010 - Present
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH
- Lead church in understanding, embracing, and accomplishing mission to develop disciplines locally and globally, and engaging followers in worship, community, and ministry.
- Devise and implement church vision and execute strategies to achieve short-range and long-range spiritual and organizational goals and objectives.
- Spearhead outreach and pastoral efforts such as biblical counseling, wedding, and funeral services.
- Plan worship services and events, and equip staff and lay leaders to coordinate services and events; oversee staff and ensure they have resources to fulfill duties and responsibilities.
- Support, supervise, and manage congregation staff; work with HR to screen and hire non-ordained staff and call ordained staff.
- Work with Outreach Committee to implement ministries reaching out to unchurched, inactive, and new residents of the community; direct assimilation of new members into congregation.
6/1/2007 - 1/1/2010
- Guided Church in discovery and fulfillment of its calling and mission, including casting God’s vision, encouraging spiritual development, leading congregation, and expanding congregation’s participation in mission activities.
- Planned and delivered weekly sermons, prepared long-term preaching plans, and oversaw Sunday school.
- Strengthened and oversaw faith life by creating inviting community of faith, empowering leadership, coordinating and supervising weekly staff meetings, and leading weekly gatherings such as Bible study.
- Collaborated with Finance and Stewardship Ministry Group to manage Church’s finances and devise strategies to grow stewardship.
- Provided pastoral care, including hospital, shut-in, bereavement, and funeral visitation; guided and counseled congregation.
3/1/2004 - 5/1/2007
NEW HORIZONS BAPTIST CHURCH
NEW ORLEANS, LA
- Assisted senior pastor to achieve mission objectives, conduct church teaching, and plan weekend services.
- Led Bible study classes, prayed with church members and guests, and visited with grieving church members.
Master of Divinity, Ashland Theological Seminary, Cleveland, OH - 2003
Bachelor of Arts: Religious Studies, Loyola University - New Orleans, New Orleans - 2000
California Southern Baptist Convention
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Pastor job position, but it won't just be handed to you. Crafting a Pastor resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.View All Resumes Misc Resumes