Highly seasoned and reliable Editor with an excellent work history in writing editing and translation. Adept at bringing multiple simultaneous editorial projects to completion with comprehensive professionalism and accuracy. Able to manage small and large groups of assistant editors proofreaders and copywriters as warranted by the project.
- Wide breadth of experience in writing editing and proofreading
- Strong skills in both print and online editing
- Exceptional reading writing and translation abilities in German and Japanese
- Superior proficiency in using MS Office Adobe HTML and Photoshop
- Excellent ability to work independently
- High interpersonal and communication skills
6/1/2010 - Present
San Francisco, CA
- Provided comprehensive editing and proofreading services for a variety of strategic instructional financial and legal business texts for external and internal distribution.
- Supervised production of company quarterly newsletter.
- Assisted with management in updating and proofreading company website content.
- Oversaw a small staff of junior editors proofreaders and copywriters.
- Provided assistance with preparations of news releases press kits and various promotional materials.
6/1/2006 - 5/1/2010
Cliff's Notes Inc.
Los Angeles, CA
- Supervised translation of an immense volume of Cliff's Notes literature supplements into German and Japanese for overseas marketing.
- Performed research on selected literary texts for supplement accuracy and completeness.
- Provided editorial assistance on company legal and instructional correspondence and documentation as required.
- Conducted smooth and professional working relationships with staff and management.
Master's Degree - English
University of Nebraska
Bachelor's Degree - English and German
St. Paul, MN
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Editor job position, but it won't just be handed to you. Crafting a Editor resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.