Want to use this resume? Customize this Resume
Debra Loritz, CPA, CFE
Seasoned Independent Auditor with over 10 years’ experience in performing external audits for small to large business clients. Proven success in helping clients to achieve and maintain compliance with regulatory requirements, improve internal controls, and reduce financial and operational risk. Adept at maintaining currency with changing legal landscape impacting accounting and auditing practices. Demonstrated leadership skills that guide staff to the successful achievement of auditing goals and enable clients to achieve business goals.
- GAAP and GAAS
- Risk Management
- Financial Analysis
- Process Improvement
8/1/2011 - Present
BROTHERTON ACCOUNTING CONSULTANTS
- Coordinate auditing assignments and ensure audit staff are aware of clients’ business and relevant issues impacting operations and audits.
- Plan and conduct operational and financial audits to assure financial statements are fairly presented in alignment with GAAP.
- Identify and assess risks of material misstatement of financial reports due to fraud; assess internal controls and ensure controls are effectively designed.
- Design and implement responses to material misstatement, test appropriateness of journal entries while focusing at end of reporting period, review accounting estimates for bias, and analyze significant unusual transactions.
- Communicate fraud or suspected fraud to managing leadership.
1/1/2007 - 7/1/2011
- Planned and conducted operational and financial audits to confirm financial statements are fairly presented in alignment with GAAP.
- Tested internal controls to ensure effectiveness, and generated comprehensive reports on audit findings, including identification of financial information material misstatements or severe control deficiencies and recommendations on improvement of internal controls
2/1/2004 - 12/1/2006
PANDEX FINANCIAL SERVICES
- Analyzed, reviewed, and assessed reliability and fairness of clients’ financial statements and communicated findings to external third parties, including investors, creditors, and government organizations.
- Produced detailed reports and recommended internal control improvements to enhance organizational efficiency and support client service and growth targets.
Education & Certification
Master of Accountancy, Cleveland State University - 2006
Bachelor of Business Administration: Accounting, Cleveland State University - 2004
Certified Public Accountant, Accountancy Board of Ohio
Certified Fraud Examiner, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
Member, American Institute of CPAs (AICPA)
There are plenty of opportunities to land a External Auditor job position, but it won't just be handed to you. Crafting a External Auditor resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.View All Auditor Resumes