Deliver a great resume when you apply for your next job! Delivery drivers pick up, transport, and drop off packages and small shipments within a local region or urban area, usually in a car or light truck of 26,000 pounds or less. Typically, delivery truck drivers transport merchandise from a distribution center to businesses and households. On your resume, list all your delivery experience, including the type of vehicle used. Also, include experience that could give you an edge over the competition, such as experience operating forklifts and possessing a valid Class B Commercial Driver’s license. For more ideas, see our delivery driver resume example.
Delivery Driver Advice
Looking to get hired as a delivery driver? The delivery driver resume examples we’ve included below are designed to help you create your own resume. Choose from any of the templates below and use these resume examples as a model in creating your own professional resume. Get started today and take the next step toward getting the job you want.
Resume Tips for Delivery Driver
Finding jobs as a delivery driver takes a broad skill set of job-seeking abilities and a positive attitude. Follow these tips to make your job search easier and to move forward with your career goals.
1. Be active on social media and focus your online presence. Utilize industry keywords in your profiles on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to get the attention of hiring managers.
2. Organize your job search well. Keeping track of your applications and sent resumes will help you to follow up at the right times. Employers look positively on good communication practices.
3. Get an entrepreneur mindset. Don’t be afraid to do consulting, contracting or freelancing work to fill in gaps in your resume while you are looking for that full-time job.
4. Maintain a positive attitude through persistence and creating weekly goals for applications. This attitude will show when you are networking and interviewing and be impressive to potential employers.
5. Join groups that can help you with reaching your career goals. Industry associations, job-hunter groups and online job boards are frequently partners for success in the job market.
Delivery Driver Job Seeking Tips
It is vital to have a top-notch resume when you are looking for jobs as a delivery driver. Polish this very important document by following these do’s and don’ts to rise above your competition.
1. Do think about including a special section for a summary or profile that can place a sharp focus on your talents and qualifications. The integration of bullet points can be helpful and promote readability too.
2. Don’t use vague language like €œduties included€ or €œresponsible for€ in your job descriptions. It is best to utilize action-oriented verbs to showcase your skill sets.
3. Do use numbers to quantify your accomplishments. Hiring managers can get a good sense of what you can contribute with phrases like €œmanaged a team of 15€ or €œincreased sales by 25 percent. €
4. Do list sports activities if you are a college student or new graduate. This can show leadership and teamwork skills to potential employers, as well as a strong competitive drive.
5. Don’t include emails that are not professional in your contact information. This will not make your resume stand out and can be very off-putting to those who read your resume.