Customer service representatives in transportation interact with customers and clients to handle complaints, process orders, and to advise customers about their company’s products and services. List all of your customer service experience in your resume and detail your responsibilities for each, such as drafting delivery contracts, answering phones and advising drivers on weather or other road conditions. Next, highlight some of the traits that make you great at your job, such as being adept at conflict resolution, being service-minded and having stellar written and verbal communications skills. For more tips and ideas for making your resume shine, see our customer service advisor resume example.
Customer Service Advisor Advice
Looking for a customer service advisor job? We’ve created the resume examples you see below especially for customer service advisor jobs. These resume examples should give you a good idea what employers are looking for in a resume, and are the best place to start building your job-winning resume. Just click on any of the samples below to get started, and get the job you want!
Resume Tips for Customer Service Advisor
The economic landscape offers several tools for the modern jobseekers. However, that makes it easy to get lost in an unproductive job hunt. Here are the basic tools to effectively search for jobs as a customer service advisor and the surrounding areas.
1. Consider growth industries in your area. Companies and industries that are growing fast need people to hire. Focusing on high growth industries in your area is a good way to place to start your search.
2. Create an elevator speech. It’s a short statement that conveys your value in an impactful way. The modern job market requires the need to market yourself. Be prepared with a statement to answer the basic networking question, €œwhat do you do?€
3. Maintain your social media account. Recruiters for jobs as a customer service advisor are using social media as a quick background check. Make sure your social media account reflects the impression you want to give.
4. Grow your network. At a networking event, it may feel difficult to mingle among people you don’t know. Break the ice by asking questions related to professional commonalities.
5. Stay the course on the long road ahead. The job hunt can last weeks or months. Staying positive and productive keeps you focused on your ultimate goal: a new job.
Customer Service Advisor Job Seeking Tips
A winning resume is required for your search for jobs as a customer service advisor. Your resume should ideally highlight your skills, career level and value in one glance. Recruiters often only spend a few seconds scanning a resume before deciding whether to interview the candidate or move on. Make those seconds count with these resume tips:
1. Keep it concise. For example, adhere to the one to two pages rule for resume length. Also, use power verbs like €œcollaborated€ instead of €œworked€ to create an impact with limited word count.
2. Make it easy to scan. Us reader-friendly design elements like bullet point list or a font size that’s between 10 to 12 points.
3. Incorporate keywords from the job description. Hiring managers and recruiters are looking for those keywords in the resumes of prospective applicants.
4. Include a profile statement at the top of your resume. It’s a short statement about your value and the skills you bring to the company. It sharpens the focus of your resume.
5. Use numbers to tell your story. Figures like percentage sales growth or number of e-mail subscribers to your campaign give a concrete picture to your accomplishments.