A powerful customer service advisor resume can create separation between you and other applicants. Disruptive technologies such as cloud computing are changing the technical support landscape and dictating what employers see as unique and valuable background and expertise as compared to skillsets seen as commodities. Make sure your education and experience in non-commodity skillsets are front and center on your resume-from your experience to education. For the latter, your degrees as well as certifications and ongoing training in new disruptive technologies are important to include. While focusing on your experience and knowledge is important, you also need to draw attention to your customer service skills and how these have been applied. See our customer service advisor resume example for more tips.
Customer Service Advisor Advice
Looking to get a job as a customer service advisor?The resume examples you’ll see below have been created specifically for customer service advisor jobs. These resume examples will help you see what employers are looking for in a resume, and are the perfect first step toward building your own job-winning resume. Simply click on any of the template options below, and move forward in your customer service career!
Resume Tips for Customer Service Advisor
If you have recently decided to look for jobs as a customer service advisor, it’s time to think about a plan to ensure success. Here are some ways that applicants have turned into successful employees.
1. As you go through the job search, keep up with a weekly routine. Make sure you keep busy and complete tasks to keep your senses sharp and ensure down time is at a minimum.
2. Expand your contact circle. Start cultivating relationships with people who may be beneficial to your career search. Put yourself out there and network with people by taking the initiative in conversations.
3. Be steadfast in your positivity. It can be disheartening to experience rejection, but focus on the end goal and don’t take it personally. Eventually, the right jobs as a customer service advisor can be available to you.
4. Evaluate your own skills and talents. As you seek that perfect opportunity, use any extra time to work on certifications, classes and knowledge that would be helpful in your career.
5. Use online resources. In this day and age, the Internet is the most powerful job search tool out there. Make sure you’re using it to your best advantage.
Customer Service Advisor Job Seeking Tips
Your resume can either strengthen your application or weaken it depending on how effective it is. If you want to rise to the top as you seek jobs as a customer service advisor, think about the following guidance to help get your resume on point.
1. Pay careful attention to the length of your resume. Even if are a veteran in your career, limit your resume to two pages. If you’re new to the field or a recent graduate, one page should suffice.
2. One great resource can be either a resume advising service or free resume workshops that may be offered by community or university career services centers. Take advantage of what you can to perfect your resume.
3. After you list your contact information, include a short introduction or objective that summarizes what you want, your top skills and why you should be hired for jobs as a customer service advisor.
4. As you list your job history, focus on the most important accomplishments as well as the basics of job title, company name, location and time spent with the company.
5. For information about your education, let your accomplishments stand out. Don’t forget to include the standard information of degrees earned, name of school, and years attended.