Your room attendant resume is one of the most important tools in your job search toolbox, so it’s essential that you follow best practices and put it together the right way. Most importantly, your room attendant resume should focus on your housekeeping skills and your ability to engage well with guests. Your employer will expect you to act on your own initiative to ensure hotels rooms are squeaky clean and well stocked. An added bonus will be any experience you have in training new employees. Refer to our room attendant resume example for tips on listing your experience in housekeeping, room cleaning and inspections.
Hotel room attendants or housekeepers are responsible for keeping hotel room clean and safe. Our hotel room attendant resume examples are designed to help you in your job search. Choose one of the templates below and update these resume examples to fir your needs. Get started today and get hired as a hotel room attendant faster.
The process of finding jobs as a room attendant is similar to that of virtually every metropolitan area. In order to find the right career, a job-seeker must have the right information and attitude. Here are some ways to improve your chances of finding a job.
1. Have a plan in mind. Create specific goals and take direct action when it comes to looking for jobs. Many websites and career centers can help you craft a clear and effective job search plan.
2. Perfect your resume. Having a polished and professional-looking resume can greatly increase your chances of getting a job. Try to create a resume that will make you stand out from other applicants.
3. Practice interviewing. The interview is the most important aspect of the hiring process, and no one wants to give an interview that bores or underwhelms potential employers. Practice responding to commonly asked interview questions such as “What would you consider to be your greatest strength. ”
4. Use the internet and social media. In addition to online career sites, employers are increasingly turning to social media sites to find prospective employees. Try using sites such as LinkedIn to boost your internet presence.
5. Be optimistic. Negative thinking can easily turn your job search into a time-consuming and grueling chore. Remember your strengths, and approach the hunt with a proactive state of mind.
No matter where you live in the United States, having a captivating and well-written resume will drastically boost your chances of finding jobs as a room attendant. Here are some practical tips for creating a stellar resume that will get you hired.
1. Avoid using trite and clichéd language. Try to avoid starting sentences with phrases such as “responsible for” or “duties included. ” These phrases lack creativity, and can make your resume indistinguishable and boring.
2. List contact information. If employer’s can’t get in contact with you, they will simply choose another applicant. Remember to always list a single primary phone number, along with a professional-sounding e-mail address.
3. Tell the truth. When it comes to resumes, honesty is the best policy. Some job-seekers may be tempted to embellish or withhold relevant information. This is a bad idea, and the truth will be revealed after the company performs a background check.
4. List all relevant work experience. If you lack a formal employment history, don’t be afraid to list volunteer work, consulting projects, or extracurricular activities. This can be especially helpful if you are a recent graduate, or if you have been unemployed for an extended period of time.
5. Keep your resume less than two pages in length. Employers love a resume that is both informative and concise, so it is best to avoid bombarding hiring managers with excessive information. Stick to the main points, and remember to emphasize quality over quantity.