A complete collection of transferable job skills resources and tools for job-seekers and career-changers.
The concept of transferable skills is a vital job-search technique that all job-seekers should master though the concept is especially important for career changers and college students. What are transferable skills? Simply put they are skills you have acquired during any activity in your life -- jobs classes projects parenting hobbies sports virtually anything -- that are transferable and applicable to what you want to do in your next job.
There are five key components to the transferable job and career skills section of Quintessential Careers:
- Strategic Portrayal of Transferable Skills is a Vital Job-search Technique by Katharine Hansen Ph.D.
- Transferable Skills Sets a detailed list of transferable skills organized by major skill sets.
- Emphasizing your Transferable and Marketable Skills in Your Cover Letter adapted from Dynamic Cover Letters for New Graduates by Katharine Hansen Ph.D.
- Emphasizing your Classroom Transferable and Marketable Skills adapted from Dynamic Cover Letters for New Graduates by Katharine Hansen Ph.D.
- Examples of Transferable and Applicable Skills in Cover Letters adapted from Dynamic Cover Letters for New Graduates by Katharine Hansen Ph.D.