A collection of recruiter, career guru, workplace, and company blogs to learn about advancing your career. And consider starting your own blog to raise your visibility to employers and help them get to know you and your personal career brand.
- Quintessential Careers Blog for Job-Seekers and Careerists, which contains career and job-search news, trends, and scoops for job-seekers compiled by the staff of Quintessential Careers, and published Monday through Thursday. (We also link to some other career blogs from our blog.)
- The Career Doctor Blog: This blog each day features a question and answer from The Career Doctor, Randall S. Hansen, PhD.
- Quintessential Resumes & Cover Letters Tips Blog: Tips for effective resumes and cover letters.
- AStoriedCareer: A blog from QuintCareers Associate Publisher Katharine Hansen, Ph.D. that examines, among other things, storytelling for career advancement.
Recruiter, Employer, HR, and Recruiting-Related Blogs
- Dr. John Sullivan's Talent Management Thought Leadership -- focuses on college recruiting, employee-screening and -assessment tests, training, and more.
- Recruiting.com: Recruiting News -- articles from leading information resource for employers, recruiters, and hiring managers across the country.
- Resume Hell -- a blog from an anonymous recruiter who reports on the horrible mistakes job-seekers make on their resumes.
- Employment Digest -- a blog to help executives, technologists, and those in career transition keep abreast of career advice, guides and ideas.
- One Day, One Job -- an interesting blog about entry-level jobs, where each day it looks at one employer and the jobs that they are offering for recent college graduates.
Blogs by Career Experts and Gurus
- Alexandra Levit's Water Cooler Wisdom -- a blog from the author of several of our favorite career books (How'd You Score That Gig?, They Don't Teach Corporate in College, New Job, New You) that is full of current career advice.
- The Big Time Blog -- a career advice and insight blog from Spherion, a major staffing company.
- BlueSky Resumes Blog -- from career expert Louise Fletcher, a general career and job-search blog that covers all aspects of the job-hunt.
- Brazen Careerist -- from author (of a book with the same title) Penelope Trunk, currently a career columnist at the Boston Globe, a blog about the intersection of life and work.
- Career Hub -- focuses on career and job-search strategies and tactics from a variety of career experts.
- CareerNudge Users Group Blog -- A blog for users of CareerNudge job search shareware tools -- plus the rest of the world. For job-search campaign tips and related observations -- plus articles and links on managing your career and life in general.
- Executive Resumes and Career Transition Strategies -- Reflections of an Executive Resume Writer, a source for authoritative and creative executive resume-writing and career-transition strategies, as well as timely articles and commentary on the latest issues and trends.
- George's Employment Blawg -- News, analysis and comments on labor and employment law, human resources, etc., by a St. Louis employment lawyer who represents employers and a University of Missouri - St. Louis HR professor and consultant.
- Get That Job! -- Source For Job-Hunting Information; Including, But Not Limited To Job Market Information, Snippets Of Advice, Notable Quotations, And Success Stories.
- JobStuff -- A Blog for Your Career by Stephen P. Harris.
- Lindsey Pollak Blog -- a career advice blog geared toward college students and new grads, from the author of Getting from College to Career.
- The Occupational Adventure -- from Curt Rosengren, a blog for finding encouraging ideas (and resources) for moving forward with your career.
- Some Assembly Required -- a blog from author Thom Singer (books include Some Assembly Required: How to Make, Grow and Keep Your Business Relationships, The ABC's of Networking, and Some Assembly Required: A Networking Guide for Women) about networking.
- Tim's Strategy -- based on his experiences as a marketing professional and as a worker who has been downsized, Tim Tyrell-Smith brings a fresh and powerful message to job-seekers looking for help in finding a new job. While his strategy is evolving, it covers all aspects of job-hunting, from resume development to networking to personal branding and interviewing.
- WorkStrong -- a candid, completely honest discussion of the job market -- offering information and advice about what it takes to succeed in the 21st Century world of work. From career and recruitment guru Peter Weddle.
- iWorkWithFools -- where you can read or anonymously share work related stories about the foolish coworkers and bosses we all deal with daily.
- Today's Workplace -- a source for the latest developments in workplace rights and employment law, written by Paula Brantner, program director of Workplace Fairness, non-profit organization that provides information, education and assistance to individual workers and their advocates nationwide and promotes public policies that advance employee rights. In each entry, Paula focuses on legal and political information relevant to employee rights and fairness issues in the workplace.
Enhance your career! Take advantage of all of our expert free career development advice, tools, and resources -- including career assessments and career exploration -- in our Career Resources Toolkit for Job-Seekers.
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.