Jobs in Ramsey, MN
- 45,292 Resumes
- 12,177 Jobs Available
- 25,598 Population
- $51,000 Average Salary
Ramsey, Minnesota, is a northern suburb of the Twin Cities in Anoka County. Its borders are dominated by two different rivers: Rum River and Mississippi River. As you search for jobs in Ramsey, you need to learn more about the economic outlook of the area. You can start by gathering some introductory information related to the job market, job search and salary data.
The average unemployment rate in Anoka County is 3.3 percent, which is significantly lower than the national unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. This shows that the job market in Ramsey is very promising. The top performing industries in the greater Twin City area are trade, transportation and utilities; education and health services; professional and business services; government; and manufacturing. These industries have grown an average of 1.7 percent in the past year. The largest occupations include retail salesperson, personal care aide and customer care representative. The average weekly wage in Anoka County is slightly higher than the average weekly wage of the United States. They are $1,064 and $1,048 respectively.
There are a lot of important tools that you can use as you try to find jobs in Ramsey, but your resume is one of the most critical. Consider these tips as you build your document:
1. Try to fill your experience section with accomplishment-oriented phrases rather than job-description language.
2. Emphasize your transferable skills on your resume in order to show how diverse you are.
3. Include metrics throughout your resume because it makes it easier for the employer to compare you to your peers.
4. Create a reader-friendly document by incorporating bullet points, headers, emphasized fonts and short paragraphs.
5. Avoid sharing irrelevant information about skills you no longer want to use, hobbies, religious views, political affiliations, physical descriptors and reasons you left your past positions.
Finding jobs in Ramsey is similar to finding jobs anywhere else in the country. You have to know what to look for, how to promote yourself and how to stay positive. Consider these tips as you search for job opportunities:
1. Avoid scams. If a job opportunity sounds too good to be true, you want to double check that it is true. Never give out your social security number or credit card information over the phone. There are some fraudulent companies out there that prey on eager jobseekers.
2. Brand yourself. In order to stand out, you have to set yourself apart from your peers. One way you can do this is by branding yourself. Create a personal website that highlights your experience, skills and abilities.
3. Know what the Internet says about you. While the Internet can be a powerful tool to help you find jobs in Ramsey, you have to realize that it can be a dangerous tool as well. Google yourself to make sure that no unflattering information turns up. You at least want to know what shows up, so you can be prepared.
4. Creatively draw attention to yourself. Show the employer what you can do for them, become a fan of their products and send your resume to them in a unique way. You have to make yourself standout, but you want to make sure that they remember you for only good reasons.
5. Use rejection for your benefit. The job search can be difficult. It can take a long time and you’re going to hear a lot of “no” answers before you get a yes. That’s why you have to learn to use rejection. Rejection is a great time to reflect on what you can do differently next time. Try not to get discouraged because of dismissals.