Ramapo Jobs At A Glance
Formerly known as New Hempstead, Ramapo has become one of the largest towns in the state of New York. Formed after the Revolutionary War, the Ramapo area attracts job seekers and residents due to its natural beauty and rich American history. No matter where you are looking to begin your new career or job, you will be best armed with a knowledge of the local area and economy. That is exactly what the following sections will do. Give you a brief overview of the Ramapo job market, top industries, largest occupations, and the average annual household expenditure.
Job Market in Ramapo
Currently, Ramapo's job market is performing slightly under the country as a whole. The unemployment rate is above 6% for the Ramapo area, while the United States is sitting around a 5%. This could be due in part to average weekly wages almost $100 below the national average wage. The top industries in this area are transportation, business and professional services, health and education services, government jobs, and the hospitality industry. The largest occupations include retail sales, cashiers, office clerks, and janitorial services.
Resume Tips For Ramapo Jobseekers
Of all the tools available to folks looking for jobs, the resume may be the most important one. Follow these tips if you want to get a leg up on the other resumes that come in:
1. Your resume is your one chance to make a good first impression. Be sure you put your best foot forward in all aspects. Choosing sections and wording carefully to make a strong impact.
2. Be sure your grammar, punctuation, and spelling are correct. One of the biggest mistakes you can make is handing a resume that is just full of sloppy writing and poor grammar. It is commonly thought that language skills are a sign of intelligence or employee quality.
3. Make your resume much more reader-friendly by adding in subheadings, bullet points, italics, and bold lettering. While your resume is nothing like your personal blog, one thing they have in common is the reader. They will get bored if they are facing a wall of text.
4. Make sure your resume reflects your achievements and not simply a list of duties. Many positions are fairly self-explanatory. Hiring managers want to know what you have done in those positions that have made a difference.
5. Remember that there are ways to make a supplemental income during the financially troubling times. Freelance works is a great way to make some extra money and most people have some skill they can use. There are plenty of sources of freelance work online.
How to Find Jobs in Ramapo
It doesn't matter if you are looking for a job in Ramapo, NY, or Los Angeles, CA, there are some job hunting tips that can be applied to every job market:
1. Plan for the dark financial times ahead. This is especially important if you are the main source of income for your family. A job search can last much longer these days than they used to. This will likely cause a financial strain on your family. Planning ahead can help lessen this impact.
2. Much like public speakers, it is possible to practice some aspects of your job hunt. One thing you should always be prepared with is a brief elevator pitch of you and your qualities. By using a mirror to practice this quick pitch, you will be able to make it sound more natural and inviting.
3. Research is the key to success in anything you do. Homework does not end when you finish college. The real-world requires a great deal of research to better be prepared for things that come your way.
4. Assess your true skills and qualifications. Just because you have sold insurance for the last decade doesn't mean that is all you can do. Local job centers and employment offices are great places to begin looking for information regarding assessment tests.
5. Use everything at your disposal. There are plenty of resources available to us these days. It wouldn't be prudent to skip any of them. Check local newspaper ads, online resume sites, job fairs, and anything else that may contain a job lead.