Jobs in Rahway, NJ
- 755,838 Resumes
- 8,485 Jobs Available
- 28,528 Population
- $78,000 Average Salary
Rahway, New Jersey, is home to about ten different parks including the Rahway River Park. Rahway sits in Union County near New York City. As you search for jobs in Rahway, this type of information won’t be that helpful. Instead, you have to learn about the job market, job search and average salaries.
The unemployment rate in Union County is 6.4 percent, which is higher than the national average of 5.3 percent. This data shows that the job market is challenging in the Rahway area. The top performing industries in the New York Metropolitan area are education and health services; trade, transportation and utilities; professional and business services; government; and leisure and hospitality. However, mining, logging and construction has grown the most at 4.7 percent in the past year. The largest occupations include retail salesperson, office clerk and janitor. The average weekly wage in Union County is $1,601, which is significantly higher than the national average of $1,048.
As you do search for jobs in Rahway, you will find that there are some important tools you can use throughout your search. One of the most critical of these tools is your resume. Try to keep these tips in mind, so you can create an outstanding document that will set you apart from your peers:
1. Consider the reader as you choose what information to include and the order you should put that information. Your experience should be listed as your position title, the name of the employer, the city and state of employer, the dates of employment and five to eight points highlight your accomplishments in the position.
2. Try to use a reverse chronological order throughout your resume, or at least through the experience and education sections, so your more important experiences are first.
3. Use keywords throughout your skills section that are related to the job in question.
4. Avoid emphasizing older experience. Only include the last 15-20 years unless absolutely necessary.
5. Include metrics and accomplishments whenever you can, so your experience will be more engaging.
Finding jobs in Rahway, like the rest of the country, requires a few important steps. If you know what to do, you can make the entire process a little easier. Use these tips as you look for job opportunities:
1. Nurture your network. This is a great opportunity for you to actually expand your network. Talk with your current connections and use social media to get connected with hiring managers in companies that you are interested in working for. This can help you expand your network. However, you shouldn’t underestimate the power of adding a secretary to your network either.
2. Use social media and real-life interactions. You can’t have too much of either type of communication. You need to get connected with people, but then make those connections happen in real life to. Make phone calls, stop in to offices and just make real connections.
3. Perform informational interviews. Using your network to get information is vital. You can gather information about job opportunities, new careers, different industries and potential companies by doing an informational interview with people in your network.
4. Put yourself out there. As you look for jobs in Rahway, you can’t be shy. Join new professional groups, go to job fairs, talk with friends of friends and try out career centers. You have to put yourself out there in order to find great opportunities.
5. Continue communication. After the interview it may be tempting to let communication fall to the side. However, you should keep in touch with hiring managers until you get a definitive answer. That doesn’t mean you have to pester them, but you shouldn’t be afraid to send them an email or call them to find out how the candidate-search is going.