Page 2 of the Cover Letter Tutorial
Key Cover Letter Functions:
- Tells the employer what type of position you are seeking.
- Entices the reader to learn more about you by reading your resume.
- Provides or expands your resume objective and/or job-search goal.
- Serves as a small window into your personality that makes the employer feel he or she simply must get to know you better.
- Gives you a little-used opportunity to impress the prospective employer by showcasing your knowledge about the company and/or its industry.
- Shows how well you express yourself.
- Enables you to avoid reinventing your resume for every job by using your cover letter to frame your qualifications in different ways for different jobs.
Lost? Check out the Map to the Cover Letter Tutorial… or go to the home page of the Cover Letter Tutorial for Developing Stunningly Effective Job-Search Cover Letters.