Quick and Quintessential Tips to Guide Your Job Search and Work Life
Job-hunting tips from the June 22, 2009, issue of QuintZine.
Until June 30, Job Search Coach Rita Ashley is offering a no-cost copy of her ebook, Networking Debugged, for those who purchase her book, Job Search Debugged. Read what others have said about Job Search Debugged.
The book is based on field-tested results and advice from hiring authorities and the people who refer candidates to them. Job Search Debugged covers these topics and many more:
- Get what you need from your network; job leads and introductions
- Avoid common traps that trip up the competition
- Create messaging that makes you memorable
- Use digital job-search tools to optimize your search
Rita is also providing a no-cost chapter of Job Search Debugged, “Basics for Six-Figure Candidates,” for those who e-mail her a request: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can take a sneak peek at the table of contents here.
- Winning too much: The need to win at all costs and in all situations — when it matters, when it doesn’t, and when it’s totally beside the point.
- Adding too much value: The overwhelming desire to add our two cents to every discussion.
- Passing judgment: The need to rate others and impose our standards on them.
- Making destructive comments: The needless sarcasms and cutting remarks that we think make us sound sharp and witty.
- Starting with “No,” “But,” or “However:” The overuse of these negative qualifiers that secretly say to everyone, “I’m right. You’re wrong.”
Review all our Quick and Quintessential Career & Job Tips.