Quick and Quintessential Career & Job Tips
Job-hunting tips from the July 18, 2005 issue of QuintZine.
In our recent Internet Job-Hunting Annual Report, we reported on the CareerXroads TOP 25 Highest Rated Companies for 2004. Now the 2005 list is out. CareerXroads’ Gerry Crispin and Mark Mehler personally examined the staffing pages of Fortune Magazine’s annual list of America’s 500 Largest Public Corporations in search of the job-seeker experience.
Crispin, CareerXroads co-founder, states that:
- The most qualified job-seekers will always have a choice.
- Their experience of a company will influence their choice.
- The corporate Web site, increasingly, IS the job-seeker’s experience of [the] company.
The 25 members of the Fortune 500 that seem to best understand this new recruiting reality are:
- Bank of America
- Exxon Mobil
- Federated Department Stores
- General Electric
- General Mills
- Goldman Sachs
- JPMorgan Chase
- Morgan Stanley
- Mutual of Omaha
- Owens Corning
- Principal Group
- Robinson (C.H.)
- Southern Company
- Tenet Health
- Union Pacific
- Pharma Marketing Blog, from the publisher of Pharma Marketing News
- The Sales Blog
- The Sales Blog: Commentary on Sales, Sales Tools, Sales Technology, and Business
- Sales Blog: Experiences of a Sales Manager
“Ironically, a candidate can and should have the answers to interview questions mastered long before they ever walk into the hiring manager’s office,” Ryan continues. Whether it’s an interview for a new job or an internal promotion (Internal hiring is up! 53 percent of management jobs are filled from within the company ranks) you can stand out as a well-qualified candidate by following the guidelines found here.
Review all our Quick and Quintessential Career & Job Tips.