Quick and Quintessential Career & Job Tips
Job-hunting tips from the September 27, 2004 issue of QuintZine.
Want to know how effective your “career branding” is? Lois Frankel, in her book, Nice Girls Don’t Get the Corner Office, suggests asking yourself the question, “What am I best known for?” Frankel then suggests developing a list of three to five aspects of your work that give you the most satisfaction. Next, she says, translate these behaviors into three key strengths you bring to the workplace. Finally, consider how these traits distinguish you and help you stand out.
All events from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free admission for professional women. Resumes and business attire required.
Among those already committed to the fall season include Abbott Laboratories, American Express, Ameriquest Mortgage, Archer Daniels Midland, BAE Systems, Bear Stearns, Bloomberg, Boeing, Cap Gemini, Cigna, Cisco Systems, Coca-Cola, Ernst & Young, FedEx, Freddie Mac, Honda, HSBC Bank, IDX Systems, IKEA, Integic, IRS, JetBlu, Kraft Foods, Level 3, Moody’s, New York Life, New York Stock Exchange, Nextel, Northrop Grumman, Pepsi, Prudential, Raytheon, Shell Oil, Sanofi-Synthelabo, Swales Aerospace, Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Target, Time Warner, UBS Investment Bank, Wachovia, Wal-Mart and many more.
Participants vary at each event; a complete listing is posted at Women For Hire.
Washington, D.C. – Hilton Crystal City, Sept. 30
Chicago – Navy Pier, Oct 7
Boston – Hyatt Regency Boston, Oct 13
New York – The Manhattan Center, Oct 19
San Diego – Wyndham Emerald, Oct 26
Los Angeles – Universal Sheraton, Oct 28
Tampa – Wyndham Harbour Island, Nov 9
Atlanta – Cobb Galleria Centre, Nov 11
Dallas – The Adam’s Mark Hotel, Nov 16
Houston – Westin Galleria, Nov 18
You can also join Women For Hire CEO Tory Johnson for a networking session from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m., prior to each career expo. She’ll share inspiring and practical job-search advice. All attendees will receive a copy of the new book, Women For Hire’s Get-Ahead Guide to Career Success, and priority admittance to the career expo.
- Analytical Graphics, Inc., Exton, PA
- Archer/Malmo, Inc., Memphis TN
- Triage Consulting Group, San Francisco, CA
- Northeast Delta Dental, Concord, NH
- Advanced Financial Services Inc., Newport, RI
- Deploy Solutions, Westwood, MA
- Professional Placement Resources, Jacksonville Beach, FL
- Hixson Architecture Engineering Interiors, Cincinnati, OH
- Merz Pharmaceuticals LLC, Greensboro, NC
- VML, Kansas City, MO
- Johnston McLamb, Inc., Chantilly, VA
- Kahler Slater, Milwaukee, WI
- Trinity Transport, Inc., Bridgeville, DE
- City-County Federal Credit Union, Brooklyn Center, MN
- ESP Pharma Inc. Edison, NJ
- Lava Trading Inc., New York, NY
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Rockville, MD
- Arbortext, Inc., Ann Arbor, MI
- Bullen Ultrasonics, Inc., Eaton, OH
- Envision EMI Inc., Washington, DC
- Chronicle Books, San Francisco, CA
- Wallenius Wilhelmsen Lines Americas LLC, Woodcliff Lake, NJ
- Parkway Properties Inc., Jackson, MS
- Owens Healthcare, Redding, CA
- Marco, St. Cloud, MN
Thanks to Career Master’s Institute e-bridge for sharing this info with us.
Review all our Quick and Quintessential Career & Job Tips.