Quick and Quintessential Career & Job Tips
Job-hunting tips from the August 14, 2000 issue of QuintZine.
Wondering why you got a rejection letter after that last job interview? In her book, Real Resumes for Job Changers, Anne McKinney cites the following reasons (according to employers) that job hunters are not offered the jobs they apply for:
- Low level of accomplishment
- Poor attitude, lack of self-confidence
- Lack of goals/objectives
- Lack of enthusiasm
- Lack of interest in the company’s business
- Inability to sell or express yourself
- Unrealistic salary demands
- Poor appearance
- Lack of maturity; no leadership potential
- Lack of extracurricular activities
- Lack of preparation for the interview, no knowledge about the company
- Objecting to travel
- Excessive interest in security and benefits
- Inappropriate background.
Review all our Quick and Quintessential Career & Job Tips.