#1: Be on time for the interview… in fact, be a bit early.
There are numerous reasons why you should plan on arriving at the interview about 15-20 minutes BEFORE it is scheduled:
- Provides you with a buffer in case you hit traffic or other unexpected time delays.
- Gives you time for last minute hygiene preparations
- Allows you time to get focused on the interview
- Demonstrates your respect of the employers time
- Provides time to complete any additional paperwork
- Allows you to casually observe how co-workers interact with each other
As soon as you arrive (early) to the interview, remember to silence your cell phone And NO texting during the interview!
And remember to bring extra copies of your resume — more on that issue on the next page.
Go to Job Interviewing Tutorial for Teens and Entry-Level Job-Seekers Home Page
Go to Job Interviewing Tutorial for Teens and Entry-Level Job-Seekers Site Map
Have you checked out the rest of the great free career and job-related tutorials offered on Quintessential Careers?
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.