Written correspondence comes into play at several stages of job-hunting, career exploration, and job-offer negotiation.
Here is a selection of free job-search letter samples for job-seekers:
Job-Shadowing Request Letter:
- Sample Cover Letter to Request Job Shadowing
Read more about job shadowing in our article, Research Companies and Careers Through Job Shadowing.
Informational Interviewing/Networking Letters:
- Free Sample Letter Requesting an Informational Interview
- Letter Requesting an Informational Interview
- Referral Letter Requesting an Informational Interview
- Sample Network Contact Cover Letter
- Sample Letter Attempting to Revive Network Contact
See more about informational interviewing in our Informational Interviewing Tutorial, our articles, Informational Interviewing: A Powerful Tool for College Students, and Informational Interviewing Do’s And Don’ts, and our Networking Resources section of Quintessential Careers.
Other Follow-up Letters:
- Follow-Up Letter after Interview and Initial Thank-You Letter [Coming soon!]
- Follow-Up after Job Interview Rejection
- Follow-Up after Interview and Rejection
- The What-Did-I-Do-Wrong Letter
- Offer Acceptance Letter
- Declining Offer Letter
- Rescinding an Accepted Job Offer Letter
- Job Offer Counter Proposal Letter
See also our Job Interview Follow-Up Do’s and Don’ts
See also free sample cover letters in our Sample Dynamic Cover Letters section of Quintessential Careers.
See also free thank-you letters in our Sample Thank-You Letters section of Quintessential Careers.
Go to Job-Hunting Samples and Examples for Job-Seekers, where you’ll find free samples of just about every job-search tool you’ll need to be successful.