What About a Web-based Resume?
Some expert tips on value of creating Web-based job-search resume…
- The biggest advantage of a Web-based resume is that it is available 24/7.
- Posting your resume on-line allows global exposure to the job market.
- A growing number of companies are actively using the Internet in their job searching strategies.
- A Web-based resume is different because page restrictions do not exist, allowing you to do more tailoring and adding more specifics than you might with a traditional resume. You can also use more keywords and phrases.
- Check out this great collection of sample Web resumes.
- Having a Web resume published on your site (firstname.lastname.com) or a networking site (such as LinkedIn) is one small part of building your online personal/career brand — which is the future of job-hunting. Learn more about personal career branding, go to this section of Quintessential Careers: Personal Branding & Career Self-Marketing Tools for Job-Seekers and Career Activists.
Lost? Go to the Map of the Job-Seeker Resume Tutorial.
Have you checked out the rest of the great free career and job-related tutorials offered on Quintessential Careers?
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.