What are the Most Important Design Elements for a Resume?
Key resume design elements for your job-search resume…
- Use bold type, italics, bold and italics, varying font sizes, and upper-case lettering for emphasis and to control the reader’s eye.
- Type should be between 10 & 12 pt.
- Balance the material on your page.
- Allow sufficient white space.
- Bulleted lists are extremely reader-friendly.
- Be consistent with headings so the eye can follow a pattern.
- Do not use justified text blocks.
- Do NOT italicize your entire resume.
- Don’t use more than two fonts.
Lost? Go to the Map of the Job-Seeker Resume Tutorial.
Have you checked out the rest of the great free career and job-related tutorials offered on Quintessential Careers?
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.