Which Transferable Skills are Most in Demand by Employers?
Uncovering in-demand transferable skills…
- Every career expert has a different list of skills most in demand by employers (although certain items, such as teamwork, interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills, appear on almost all lists).
- Familiarize yourself with these lists of most in-demand skills so you know what skills to play up on your resume.
- The most important in-demand skills are the ones that are in demand in YOUR FIELD. Get to know what those are.
- Here’s one career expert’s (Donald Asher in From College to Career: Entry-Level Resumes) list of the skills most in demand by employers:
- Ability to acquire new technical, analytical, or computer skills quickly
- Teamwork skills
- The ability to sell ideas and persuade others
- Creative problem-solving talents
- Ability to follow orders
- Leadership aptitude
- Drive, stamina, strong work ethic
- Diligence, “stick-to-itiveness”
- Ability to acquire foreign languages
See also our article, What Do Employers Really Want? Top Skills and Values Employers Seek from Job-Seekers
Lost? Go to the Map of the Job-Seeker Resume Tutorial.
Have you checked out the rest of the great free career and job-related tutorials offered on Quintessential Careers?
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.