How Should I List What I did in Each Job?
Here’s how to handle describing your experience on your resume…
- Do NOT use phrases such as “Responsible for . . .,” “Duties included . . .,” and “Responsibilities included…”
- When you use those phrases, you are giving job descriptions instead of describing the skills you used, the accomplishments you made, and the initiative you took.
- Focus on specific accomplishments — how you made each job your own, and quantify these accomplishments whenever possible. Read this article to learn more about using accomplishments in job-hunting.
- Use action verbs in describing your accomplishments.
- Read more about the importance of accomplishments later in the tutorial.
Lost? Go to the Map of the Job-Seeker Resume Tutorial.
Have you checked out the rest of the great free career and job-related tutorials offered on Quintessential Careers?
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.