Here are some expert tips for creating a job-search text resume…
- Most employers keep databases of resumes electronically, so you need a text version of your resume.
- Keywords (nouns and phrases) are especially important in these databases.
- A text resume is basically stripped of all formatting
- Use a basic sans-serif font (such as Helvetica/Arial)
- No italics, script, underlining, bullets
- No graphics, shading, multiple columns, vertical lines
- Heading information (use all caps to distinguish) on separate lines
- For more about text resumes, read: How to Write Text Resumes.
Lost? Go to the Map of the Resume Lite Tutorial for Job-Seekers.
Have you checked out the rest of the great free career and job-related tutorials offered on Quintessential Careers?
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.