The scoop on functional/chrono-functional resumes…
- Strong caution: Most employers and recruiters absolutely do not like functional resumes because they feel the job-seeker is trying to hide something. We still mention them so you know what they are and because they can be effective for job-seekers with extremely problematic job histories.
- Organized by skills and functions
- Employment history listed as a separate section in bare-bones fashion
- For an example on the Internet of a functional resume written by a student, check out this functional resume.
- Here’s an example of an established job-seeker’s functional resume.
Lost? Go to the Map of the Resume Lite Tutorial for Job-Seekers.
Have you checked out the rest of the great free career and job-related tutorials offered on Quintessential Careers?
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.