An award for the quintessential college, career, and job sites.
Quintessential Careers honors one career or job site each issue of QuintZine with the Quintessential Careers Site Award in recognition of quintessential efforts in helping job-seekers.
December 10, 2001: SchmoozeMonger
Dan Limbach’s SchmoozeMonger site is the ultimate Web portal for networking. The site’s design is attractively retro and the content is written in an amusing, breezy style. According to SchmoozeMonger, the site covers:
- Meeting the right people
- Attending events which will grease the wheels of your goals
- Joining the appropriate groups for your passions
- Finding the best resources available
- Feeding your brain a healthy dose of knowledge whenever possible
- The buzz flowing through the economy’s nooks and crannies
- A bit of humor to keep it all in perspective
Just to illustrate the site’s irreverent style, here’s its characterization of what it does NOT cover:
- News for news’ sake
- Venture capital deals
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Which company is taking a nosedive
- Dating tips
- How to lance a boil
- What’s going on in Survivor, the TV show
- Whether “Less filling” beats “Tastes great”
The site offers the opportunity to subscribe to the “Schmoozeletter.” There’s also a Resource Center for “our favorite links”, and the Learning Center “for ways to chock your head full o’ knowledge.”
See all our featured Quintessential Sites.
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.