An award for the quintessential college, career, and job sites.
Quintessential Careers honors one career or job site each issue of QuintZine with the Quintessential Careers Site Award in recognition of quintessential efforts in helping job-seekers.
June 12, 2000: Salary.com
Salary.com describes itself as a leader in providing compensation information online. Users will find salary reports covering virtually every occupation here. If you can’t find your occupation, Salary.com asks you to tell them, “and we will make it a priority as we grow our free sources to more than 5,000 reports and articles in the coming months. Salary.com is dedicated to helping visitors understand what you they are worth and learn what they need to know to earn and keep more money.”
Salary.com also offers detailed reports to HR and business managers, as “the first online marketplace organizing the offerings from all the major compensation consulting firms including reports, newsletters and services.”
Useful components of Salary.com include:
- A search engine called Look Up Salaries — See the reports that tell you what you are worth.
- Salary Advice — What you should know to earn and keep more.
- Find a Job — Resources focused on how to be a passive job hunter and get a higher paying job the easy way.
- HR Marketplace — The HR professional’s guide to the products and services available from compensation information publishers and service providers.
- Store — Books and reports for professionals and regular folks.
- A weekly newsletter that you can subscribe to.
Even better! Now salary.com has job postings in addition to its great salary resources.
See all our featured Quintessential Sites.
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.